Please apply for RapiData 2010, a course on Data Collection and Structure Solving at the NSLS.

  • Robert Sweet
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
      We are offering RapiData 2010, the twelfth offering of our popular course:

      Rapid Data Collection and Structure Solving at the NSLS: A Practical
      Course in Macromolecular X-Ray Diffraction Measurement

      The course will be held 11-16 April 2010. Students could be at any level from
      advanced undergraduate to full professor. The course should accommodate 48
      students total. All students are encouraged to bring their own specimens for
      data collection, and to bring old data for the data-reduction and
      structure-solving tutorials. Please read the Course Announcement at
      http://www.bnl.gov/RapiData/. You'll see that many experts in the field will
      be available for lectures and tutorials. You'll find the application materials
      on the Course Application tab at this site.

      For the eighth time we will hold a short lecture course on the fundamentals of
      crystallography for roughly five hours on Sunday 11 April. The body of the
      RapiData course really requires that students have a healthy knowledge of
      crystallography. For potential students who have some experience but are shaky
      about fundamentals, this course will help. There will be a small additional fee
      for the fundamentals course, to pay for Saturday night accomodations and food
      on Sunday morning and noon.

      Latin American Scientists: Several scholarships are available, from the
      International Union of Crystallography, to pay partial travel and subsistence
      costs for Latin-American students and junior faculty. Please apply for the
      course, and then contact R. Sweet (sweet@...) if you are interested in
      applying for a scholarship. In accordance with the standards of the
      International Union of Crystallography, we observe the basic policy of
      non-discrimination, affirming the right and freedom of scientists to associate
      in international scientific activity without regard to such factors as
      citizenship, religion, creed, political stance, ethnic origin, race, colour,
      language, age, or gender, in accordance with the Statutes of the International
      Council for Science. At this course no barriers will exist beyond the
      application procedure that would prevent the participation of bona fide
      scientists.

      Please apply or send your students to our course,

      Bob Sweet, Sal Sclafani, and Alex Soares

      Course Announcement at http://www.bnl.gov/RapiData/

      Robert M. Sweet E-Dress: sweet@...
      Group Leader, PXRR: Macromolecular ^ (that's L
      Crystallography Research Resource at NSLS not 1)
      http://px.nsls.bnl.gov/
      Biology Dept
      Brookhaven Nat'l Lab. Phones:
      Upton, NY 11973 631 344 3401 (Office)