Beam time is available at the NSLS

  • Robert Sweet
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2009
      Please visit the website at www.px.nsls.bnl.gov and select "Get Access to
      Beam Time." The PXRR (Macromolecular Crystallography Research Resource at
      the NSLS) operates five beamlines for macromolecular crystallography (MX).

      Two of these beamlines are undulators: X29 is the most efficient MX
      machine east of Chicago in the US, often serving three different research
      groups in a day. X25 is as bright, and has counted Rod MacKinnon, Tom
      Steitz, and Venki Ramakrishnan among its prize-winning users. Typical beam
      sizes at these undulators are 50 microns. If your crystal is only 20
      microns, we can give you a beam that size.

      There are ALS-style automounters at X29 and two of our dipole beamlines,
      X12-B and X12-C.

      We have a new station at X26-C for the coordinated measurement of optical
      absorption spectroscopic and x-ray diffraction data. Several publications
      have come from this work and many projects are underway. A Raman
      spectrometer is being installed now.

      The PXRR is funded jointly by the NIH's National Center for Research
      Resources and the DOE's Office of Biological and Environmental Research.

      Robert M. Sweet E-Dress: sweet@...
      Group Leader, PXRR: Macromolecular ^ (that's L
      Crystallography Research Resource at NSLS not 1)
      http://px.nsls.bnl.gov/
      Biology Dept
      Brookhaven Nat'l Lab. Phones:
      Upton, NY 11973 631 344 3401 (Office)