CNS 1.21 compilation under openSuSE 11.0 - summary

  • iulek
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      Concerning my question on CNS compilation under opneSuSE 11.0 (which
      brings gfortran-4.3), I received 4 answers.
      Dr. Boaz Shaanan and Dr. Albumns (?) suggested going ahead for the intel
      ifort compiler. I did and things go very nice!
      In a private message, Dr. Rodrigo Portugal told me that in a similar
      problem he went for the 4.1 version of gfortan and then could go on.
      Dr. Edward Berry suggested me to check better my gfortran installation.
      I think it was installed, but as gfortran-4.3, and a gfortan link did
      not work.
      Anyway, ifort as a compiler seems to give a faster executable (althgouh
      I have not made a systematic comparision).
      Thanks for all that replied.

      Jorge
    • Axel Brunger
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
        Binary installations of CNS 1.21 for i686 and x86_64 Linux architectures
        (i.e., with compiled, ready-to-run programs) are now available at the
        CNS download site:

        http://cns-online.org/download/v1.21/cns_solve_1.21_all_intel-mac_linux-mp.tar.gz

        You need to have the current username and password which can be
        obtained through
        the usual procedure (http://cns-online.org -> Download).

        Axel Brunger
      • Axel Brunger
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
          I would like to clarify my earlier email.  Here it is again:

          Binary installations of CNS 1.21 for i686 and x86_64 Linux architectures
          (i.e., with compiled, ready-to-run programs) are now available at the
          CNS download site:

          http://cns-online.org/download/v1.21/cns_solve_1.21_all_intel-mac_linux-mp.tar.gz

          You need to have the current username and password which can be obtained through
          the usual procedure (http://cns-online.org -> Download).

          After  you have downloaded the file, please follow the instructions in
          http://cns-online.org (-> Installation) for setting up the cns_solve_env file.
          Do not run the "make install" command - it would overwrite the existing binary files.

          For those of you who are US citizens, please remember to vote!

          Axel Brunger

          Investigator,  Howard Hughes Medical Institute
          Professor of Molecular and Cellular Physiology
          Stanford University

          Email:  brunger@...
          Phone:  +1 650-736-1031
          Fax:    +1 650-745-1463