converting truncate.mtz to cns

  • i_m_subh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2008
      Hi,
      I am tryting to convert truncated mtz data file to cns. The mtz header
      looks like this
      H K L IMEAN SIGIMEAN I(+) SIGI(+) I(-) SIGI(-) F SIGF DANO SIGDANO
      F(+) SIGF(+) F(-) SIGF(-) ISYM

      As this data was supposed to be a derivative but I didn't get any
      anomlous signal I want it to be used as Native.(it diffracted to 1.4A)

      When I run mtz2cns after assigning the labels as follows

      FP=IMEAN SIGFP=SIGIMEAN FPH=I(+) SIGFPH=SIGI(+) FC=I(-) PHIC=ISYM
      FOM=SIGI(-) DP=F SIGDP=SIGF F(+)=F(+) SIGF(+)=SIGF(+) F(-)=F(-)
      SIGF(-)=SIGF(-)

      it fails to do the job with error like this below

      From ccp4_lrassn: expected type F does not match file type J for
      column IMEAN
      From ccp4_lrassn: expected type F does not match file type K for
      column I(+)
      From ccp4_lrassn: expected type Q does not match file type M for
      column SIGI(+)
      From ccp4_lrassn: expected type F does not match file type K for
      column I(-)
      From ccp4_lrassn: expected type P does not match file type Y for
      column ISYM
      From ccp4_lrassn: expected type W does not match file type M for
      column SIGI(-)
      From ccp4_lrassn: expected type D does not match file type F for column F

      Could you please help me out?

      Thanks
    • Gerard DVD Kleywegt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2008
        i hate to break this to you, but your label assignment is complete and utter
        rubbish! ask your supervisor to explain the difference between an amplitude
        and an intensity, and between a figure-of-merit and a sigma...

        --gerard

        On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, i_m_subh wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I am tryting to convert truncated mtz data file to cns. The mtz header
        > looks like this
        > H K L IMEAN SIGIMEAN I(+) SIGI(+) I(-) SIGI(-) F SIGF DANO SIGDANO
        > F(+) SIGF(+) F(-) SIGF(-) ISYM
        >
        > As this data was supposed to be a derivative but I didn't get any
        > anomlous signal I want it to be used as Native.(it diffracted to 1.4A)
        >
        > When I run mtz2cns after assigning the labels as follows
        >
        > FP=IMEAN SIGFP=SIGIMEAN FPH=I(+) SIGFPH=SIGI(+) FC=I(-) PHIC=ISYM
        > FOM=SIGI(-) DP=F SIGDP=SIGF F(+)=F(+) SIGF(+)=SIGF(+) F(-)=F(-)
        > SIGF(-)=SIGF(-)
        >
        > it fails to do the job with error like this below
        >
        >> From ccp4_lrassn: expected type F does not match file type J for
        > column IMEAN
        >> From ccp4_lrassn: expected type F does not match file type K for
        > column I(+)
        >> From ccp4_lrassn: expected type Q does not match file type M for
        > column SIGI(+)
        >> From ccp4_lrassn: expected type F does not match file type K for
        > column I(-)
        >> From ccp4_lrassn: expected type P does not match file type Y for
        > column ISYM
        >> From ccp4_lrassn: expected type W does not match file type M for
        > column SIGI(-)
        >> From ccp4_lrassn: expected type D does not match file type F for column F
        >
        > Could you please help me out?
        >
        > Thanks

        best wishes,

        --gerard

        Gerard J. Kleywegt
        [Research Fellow of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences]
        Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology University of Uppsala
        Biomedical Centre Box 596
        SE-751 24 Uppsala SWEDEN

        http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/ mailto:gerard@...
        The opinions in this message are fictional. Any similarity
        to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.