Re: [cnsbb] installation of CNS in SUSE 10.3

  • Christian Biertuempfel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7 11:09 AM
      Hi,
      you need to install the gnu compilers. The gnu fortran compiler is now
      called gfortran (it used to be called g77) but you will need a few more
      things. Here is a list of packages you will need for sure. I don't know
      what all the dependencies are but your package manager should take care
      of that. You might also need a few additional developmental libraries.
      If the compilation stops and complains that it does not find a
      particular library or header files check available packages from SuSe.

      gcc (gcc42)
      cpp (cpp42)
      gcc-fortran (gcc-fortran42)
      libgfortran42

      The other option is to install cns using a proprietary compiler like the
      Intel Fortran compiler (ifort) which leads to faster code but is not
      freely available.

      Good luck,
      christian

      molbiol349 wrote:

      > Dear All,
      >
      > I am trying to install CNS in a machine with OS SUSE 10.3. But the
      > installation stops with the following error.
      >
      > #make install
      > copying files in instlib directory linux to intel-i686-linux
      > arch_env
      > machine_c.c
      > machine_f.f
      > Makefile.header.fort77
      > Makefile.header.g95
      > Makefile.header.gfortran
      > Makefile.header.ifort
      > Makefile.header.pgf77
      > make: *** [install] Error 1
      > #
      >
      > First I tried to install g77 for SUSE, I could not find the compiler.
      > Then from the installation page of CNS I also tried to recompile f2c
      > after getting the makefile.u as makefile. but it is also showing error
      >
      > #make
      > make: *** No rule to make target `xsum.c', needed by `xsum'. Stop.
      > #
      >
      > Basically I don't know what to do. Please help me solving this problem.
      >
      > Your sincerely
      > Debajyoti Dutta

      Dr. Christian Biertümpfel
      Laboratory of Molecular Biology

      NIDDK/National Institutes of Health phone: +1 301 402 4647
      9000 Rockville Pike, Bldg. 5, Rm. B1-03 fax: +1 301 496 0201
      Bethesda, MD 20892-0580
      USA email: biertumpfelc@...