Ten Days Left: Apply to RapiData -- BNL-Biology and NSLS Course on Synchrotron Data Collection

  • Robert Sweet
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2 5:07 AM
      We are offering RapiData 2007, the eighth offering of our popular course:

      Rapid Data Collection and Structure Solving at the NSLS: A Practical
      Course in Macromolecular X-Ray Diffraction Measurement

      The course will be held 22-27 April 2007. Students could be at any level
      from advanced undergraduate to full professor. 48 students will be
      accepted; 24 will bring their own specimens for data collection. Please
      read the course description at http://www.px.nsls.bnl.gov/RapiData2007/.
      You'll see that many experts in the field will be available for lectures and
      tutorials, and you'll find the application materials at this site. The
      deadline for application is 8AM EST Monday 12 February 2007.

      For the fourth time we will hold a short lecture course on the
      fundamentals of crystallography for roughly five hours on Sunday 22 April.
      The body of the RapiData course really requires that students have a
      healthy knowledge of crystallography. For potential students who have
      some experience but are shaky about fundamentals, this course will help.
      There will be a small additional fee for the fundamentals course, to pay
      for Saturday night accomodations and food on Sunday morning and noon.

      Latin American Scientists: Several scholarships are available, from the
      International Union of Crystallography, to pay partial travel and
      subsistence costs for Latin-American students and junior faculty. Please
      apply for the course, and then contact R. Sweet (sweet@...) if you are
      interested in applying for a scholarship. In accordance with the
      standards of the International Union of Crystallography, we observe the
      basic policy of non-discrimination, affirming the right and freedom of
      scientists to associate in international scientific activity without
      regard to such factors as citizenship, religion, creed, political stance,
      ethnic origin, race, colour, language, age, or gender, in accordance with
      the Statutes of the International Council for Science. At this course no
      barriers will exist beyond the application procedure that would prevent
      the participation of bona fide scientists.

      The deadline for application is 8AM EST Monday 12 February 2007.

      Robert M. Sweet E-Dress: sweet@...
      Group Leader, PXRR: Macromolecular ^ (that's L
      Crystallography Research Resource at NSLS not 1)
      http://px.nsls.bnl.gov/
      Biology Dept
      Brookhaven Nat'l Lab. Phones:
      Upton, NY 11973 631 344 3401 (Office)