Re: [cnsbb] Problems with CNS installation at Redhat 9 Linux, Please help!

  • Afonso Duarte
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi!
      I had the same error in the past!
      You should try:
      "make g77install" instead of "make install"
      This has to do with the C compiler linux uses in the "make install" it tries to use fort77 and RedHat9 does not have it.
      for more info on the differences to that check http://cns.csb.yale.edu/v1.1/ on the instalation menu.

      Hope it helps ! Good luck!

      Afonso

      CNS ER <cns_er@...> escreveu:
      Dear folks,

      I tried to install CNS 1.1 to my Redhat 9 Linux
      system. I got the following error message. I am new to
      CNS and Linux. I will highly appreciate if any of you
      could help me out.

      Error message I got:
      [root@localhost cns_solve_1.1]# make install
      copying files in instlib directory linux to
      intel-i686-linux
      arch_env
      machine_c.c
      machine_f.f
      Makefile.header
      Makefile.header.pgf77
      making source directory in intel-i686-linux
      making bin directory in intel-i686-linux
      making utils directory in intel-i686-linux
      making test directory in intel-i686-linux
      linking source files to intel-i686-linux/source
      linking machine_f.f to source directory
      linking machine_c.c to source directory
      linking generic fft file to source directory
      making Makefile in source directory
      making compiler-test directory in intel-i686-linux
      testing Fortran and C compilers
      compiling: cc -O -ffast-math -DCNS_ARCH_TYPE_LINUX
      /bin/sh: line 1: cc: command not found
      /bin/sh: line 1: ./test_c: No such file or directory
      ***** ERROR: problem with C compiler *****
      make[3]: *** [c-test] Error 3
      compiling: fort77 -w -Nn2000 -O3 -malign-double
      -funroll-loops -ffast-math
      /bin/sh: line 1: fort77: command not found
      linking: fort77
      /bin/sh: line 1: fort77: command not found
      /bin/sh: line 1: ./test_f: No such file or directory
      ***** ERROR: problem with Fortran compiler *****
      make[3]: *** [fortran-test] Error 2
      make[2]: *** [compiler-test] Error 2
      make[1]: *** [compiler-test] Error 2
      compiler problems - stopping installation
      please check compilers before retrying installation
      make: *** [install] Error 1
      [root@localhost cns_solve_1.1]#

      Posting is only allowed for members of this list.

      http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/