A Music Generator

  • pjfjacks
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      Point your browsers to http://www.musoft-builders.com/ to find this month's SOTM(Software of the Month), A Music Generator (AMG), by Arnold Reinders.

      Phil J.

    • Bob Van Belle
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
        > Point your browsers to http://www.musoft-builders.com/ to find this
        month's SOTM(Software of the Month), A Music Generator (AMG), by Arnold
        Reinders.
        > Phil J.
        -----------If that ain't on time... You give proof of real discipline again,
        Phil!
        Well I can give you some quick respons too (FYI): long ago and
        far away, I used to make landscape renderings, using Terragen which
        is another amazing program abusing fractals, be it in the graphic field...
        So if you want to hear some Amugen samples that I made (but they
        may be sound a bit outdated?), please surf to the next URL and next use
        the arrow at the bottom of the page, and you'll see and HEAR 6 of
        my Terragen landscapes, illustrated with AMUGEN soundscapes.
        http://www.geocities.com/Paris/9974/sndscp1.htm
        Hope you'll enjoy... and perhaps some of you might start to use
        Terragen, one never knows...

        BVB from Belgium, Arnold!
      • Arnold Reinders
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
          Bob,

          > Well I can give you some quick respons too (FYI): long ago and
          > far away, I used to make landscape renderings, using Terragen which
          > is another amazing program abusing fractals, be it in the graphic field...
          > So if you want to hear some Amugen samples that I made (but they
          > may be sound a bit outdated?), please surf to the next URL and next use
          > the arrow at the bottom of the page, and you'll see and HEAR 6 of
          > my Terragen landscapes, illustrated with AMUGEN soundscapes.
          > http://www.geocities.com/Paris/9974/sndscp1.htm

          I don't think they are outdated. But I find the way in which aMG treats
          pictures somewhat simple, I am now looking for algorithms that can identify
          object and next turn them into music. That would create a more "natural" way
          to convert pictures into music.
          BTW: you know that (beta) version 3.1 can read .bmp, .jpg, .gif and .png
          files and that it can convert vectors into pictures? That last feature can
          be fun!

          > BVB from Belgium, Arnold!

          Thanks Bob! I will be in Gent between christmas and newyear. A nice place
          for some days off.

          Greetings en een plezante tijd toegewenst,

          Arnold