[cnfractal_music] status

  • Phil Jackson
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi all,

      Current status for the MP3 thing:
      7 songs available
      2 songs in "going live" status

      Holger - I need to know the software used for "Forest" - we want to attribute the software
      used and the author(s) for each track.

      The artist credits hopefully will show up correctly soon - if so, I'll be adding URLs as well.
      Hard to tell the formatting from that text box....

      Awaiting material from 3-4 people - no problem - this all may go through several iterations
      before it's done - for sure I'll change mine, not sure what yet...but just a thought....wouldn't this cd make a great Christmas present????

      Art - still need a piece for the inside layout - seems as though liner notes must be incorporated into this to start with.....plus - we should give credit to the software /authors
      of the software....

      Any non-MP3 thoughts out there?  Anyone ( I think Brian might have) tried to incorporate
      fractal graphics / music into say, a Real Audio file?  I meddled with it, but the file was huge...

      that's all for now,

      Phil J.

    • Ray Watson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 1999
        >phil jackson wrote: > >Hi all, > > >Any non-MP3 thoughts out there?  Anyone ( I think Brian might
        have)
        >tried to incorporate fractal graphics / music into say, a Real Audio
        file? I >meddled with it, but the file was huge...
        > >Phil J.
        I was playing around with screen savers the other day and combined one with generative midi music by puting the Midi player into a loop and starting the screen saver. It was like a generative dance. The effect was beautiful. The screen saver was "Mystify Your Mind" on a Windows 98 computer. A combination fractal screen saver with generative music would be awesome as well.-Ray
      • Casey Van Tieghem
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 1999
          This is sort of related to MP3, I mean everything I'm doing I'm hoping would
          make a great
          MP3.

          For the past couple of days I've been using recorded samples of Gingerbread
          make loops for Acid Music. If you remember my Shuffle.ram, it sounds
          pretty
          cool. It's really difficult to get the loops right, but it's fun to do it.
          Maybe I'll have some really cool sounding MP3.

          >Any non-MP3 thoughts out there? Anyone ( I think Brian might have) tried to
          incorporate
          >fractal graphics / music into say, a Real Audio file? I meddled with it,
          but the file was huge...
        • holger
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 1999

            Holger - I need to know the software used for "Forest" - we want to attribute the software
            used and the author(s) for each trackhithe software used for that track was 'wtf the well tempered fractal' this is an old dos fractalmusic generator, by robert greenhouse. i tried several times to contact mr. greenhouse, to ask about new projects, but the emailadress shown on the wtf website is outdated. maybe anyone here knows about new projects from this guy...??? i also uploaded a new .mp3 to my hp. derived from the 'fireworks.mid' i put to the vault. i will upload this song to mp3.com asap. best regards holger

          • Phil Jackson
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 1999
              Hi,
              Thanks for the info Holger.  Check with Brian E. Jones - he's familiar with WTF.

              Renamed "forest.mp3" to "Forest" for you.

              Phil J.

              holger wrote:

              Holger - I need to know the software used for "Forest" - we want to attribute the software
              used and the author(s) for each track hi the software used for that track was 'wtf the well tempered fractal' this is an old dos fractalmusic generator, by robert greenhouse. i tried several times to contact mr. greenhouse, to ask about new projects, but the emailadress shown on the wtf website is outdated. maybe anyone here knows about new projects from this guy...??? i also uploaded a new .mp3 to my hp. derived from the 'fireworks.mid' i put to the vault. i will upload this song to mp3.com asap. best regards holger
              click here
              Click here!
              eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/cnfractal_music