RE: [cnfractal_music] Happy New Year!

  • jacky schreiber
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2002
      Happy new year to you all and your families and loved ones.

      best wishes on 2oo2

      jacky

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I want to wish each and every one a very Happy and Prosperous
      > 2002! May it be an excellent year for all.
      >
      > Phil J.

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > : - )
      >
      > Thank you, Phil! And for you and your family. Not to mention everyone
      else in the group (which I just did).

      > Live long and prosper.
      >
      > Steve

    • Tim Conrardy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2002
        Happy New Year from Santa Clara, CA, USA

        Tim Conrardy

        >> Hi all,
        >
        > I want to wish each and every one a very Happy and Prosperous
        > 2002! May it be an excellent year for all.
        >
        > Phil J.

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > : - )
        >
        > Thank you, Phil! And for you and your family. Not to mention everyone
        >else in the group (which I just did).
        >
        > Live long and prosper.
        >
        > Steve

      • CASEY VANTIEGHEM
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2002
          Happy New Year!

          For all of you who are into Audio-Mulch, there's a really interesting midi
          controller
          keyboard that has 12 knobs that you can control Audio-Mulch (and any other
          midi
          software) paramters or conrols real time. I experimented with it today, and
          it worked
          really well. The keyboard is called MidiControl by Miditech. Unfortunately
          it doesn't
          work perfectly smooth. This is the second one I've had, the first one I
          returned, and
          this one has the same problem. When you hook up the joystick cable from the
          keyboard to the computer, it provides 5v to power the keyboard. But there
          is a problem
          with that, not enough volts, or something is getting grounded that sholdn't.
          It works
          if you use a 9v adapter that doesn't come with the keyboard. I'm thinking
          of asking
          Guitar Center or Miditech to provide me with a 9v power supply - or I'll
          have
          to return it. I don't want to return it though, it works great. It costs
          $189.00, and
          it's much better of a keyboard than my other QuickShot midi keyboard. It's
          not
          really pro-quality, but it's acceptable. It transposes #, flat, or natural,
          and transposes
          up or down two octaves. It has pitch bend, modulation, and can send any
          control,
          bank select or program change. The only complaint I have other than the way
          it
          worked with the joystick cable is that my QuickShot keyboard had a velocity
          control,
          and I'm not sure what control to use (expression didnt' work) for velocity.
          If I can't
          get that to work, It's almost useless for a midi controller keyboard.

          I've been generating Audiomulch music live on my PC which means I would be
          able to
          perform live once I get templates set up. It's great for dance music, I've
          generated
          hip-hop, techno,trance,disco, spacey funk, and some some electronic blues.
          I've got a CD burner now, so please direct e-mail my address if you want to
          hear what
          I'm up to.

          I also downloaded Steem, and messed with the Hotz Translator

          Casey
        • marcf28
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
            Hi all -

            Happy New Year!

            I've uploaded a MIDI track to the files section here called 'Happy
            New Year 2004.mid'.

            It was created using the 'WWW tools' in KeyKit (which creates
            melodies using an 'input string'.

            The input string I used very simply: "Happy New Year".

            All the best for a prolific and inventive 2004.
            Marc