Re: [cnfractal_music] Happy New Year!

  • Phil Jackson
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2001
      Thanks, Steve! Let us hope that the 2nd year of the 3rd Millenium
      proves to be
      an exciting (but not traumatic) year and that we blaze new trails in
      Fractal/Generative music!!!

      Phil J.

      Stephen Hopper wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I want to wish each and every one a very Happy and Prosperous
      > 2002! May it be an excellent year for all.
      >
      > Phil J.

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > : - )
      >
      > Thank you, Phil! And for you and your family. Not to mention
      > everyone else in the group (which I just did).
      >
      > Live long and prosper.
      >
      > Steve

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • jacky schreiber
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2002
        Happy new year to you all and your families and loved ones.

        best wishes on 2oo2

        jacky

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I want to wish each and every one a very Happy and Prosperous
        > 2002! May it be an excellent year for all.
        >
        > Phil J.

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > : - )
        >
        > Thank you, Phil! And for you and your family. Not to mention everyone
        else in the group (which I just did).

        > Live long and prosper.
        >
        > Steve

      • Tim Conrardy
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2002
          Happy New Year from Santa Clara, CA, USA

          Tim Conrardy

          >> Hi all,
          >
          > I want to wish each and every one a very Happy and Prosperous
          > 2002! May it be an excellent year for all.
          >
          > Phil J.

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > : - )
          >
          > Thank you, Phil! And for you and your family. Not to mention everyone
          >else in the group (which I just did).
          >
          > Live long and prosper.
          >
          > Steve

        • CASEY VANTIEGHEM
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2002
            Happy New Year!

            For all of you who are into Audio-Mulch, there's a really interesting midi
            controller
            keyboard that has 12 knobs that you can control Audio-Mulch (and any other
            midi
            software) paramters or conrols real time. I experimented with it today, and
            it worked
            really well. The keyboard is called MidiControl by Miditech. Unfortunately
            it doesn't
            work perfectly smooth. This is the second one I've had, the first one I
            returned, and
            this one has the same problem. When you hook up the joystick cable from the
            keyboard to the computer, it provides 5v to power the keyboard. But there
            is a problem
            with that, not enough volts, or something is getting grounded that sholdn't.
            It works
            if you use a 9v adapter that doesn't come with the keyboard. I'm thinking
            of asking
            Guitar Center or Miditech to provide me with a 9v power supply - or I'll
            have
            to return it. I don't want to return it though, it works great. It costs
            $189.00, and
            it's much better of a keyboard than my other QuickShot midi keyboard. It's
            not
            really pro-quality, but it's acceptable. It transposes #, flat, or natural,
            and transposes
            up or down two octaves. It has pitch bend, modulation, and can send any
            control,
            bank select or program change. The only complaint I have other than the way
            it
            worked with the joystick cable is that my QuickShot keyboard had a velocity
            control,
            and I'm not sure what control to use (expression didnt' work) for velocity.
            If I can't
            get that to work, It's almost useless for a midi controller keyboard.

            I've been generating Audiomulch music live on my PC which means I would be
            able to
            perform live once I get templates set up. It's great for dance music, I've
            generated
            hip-hop, techno,trance,disco, spacey funk, and some some electronic blues.
            I've got a CD burner now, so please direct e-mail my address if you want to
            hear what
            I'm up to.

            I also downloaded Steem, and messed with the Hotz Translator

            Casey
          • marcf28
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
              Hi all -

              Happy New Year!

              I've uploaded a MIDI track to the files section here called 'Happy
              New Year 2004.mid'.

              It was created using the 'WWW tools' in KeyKit (which creates
              melodies using an 'input string'.

              The input string I used very simply: "Happy New Year".

              All the best for a prolific and inventive 2004.
              Marc