Re: Ambient with a beat!

  • pjfjacks@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi all,

      Yes, well said, Tim! I seem to have developed the annoying habit of
      constantly making the circuit of cnn.com,bbc.co.uk,foxnews.com. etc.
      to look for any breaking news.....just waiting for the other shoe to
      drop, so to speak....time to get productive!

      Phil
      ---------------

      http://www.besonic.com/User/0,1391,g0r0l0t0o0i344152,FF.html
      > >and Tim uploaded again the instructions for adding mp3 tunes to our
      > >BeSonic site - refer to those or email Tim wih questions. We do
      need
      > >some more participation - these projects are always rewarding and
      > >just plain fun to be involved in!
      >
      > >>Fractal-on,
      > >
      > >Phil J.
      >
      > ALRIGHT...time to get off our very ambient behinds and make some
      Hip-hop
      > Ambient with a beat Music! So far so good with some excellent
      uploads to our
      > besonic site.
      >
      > Fractal/ generative programs can make some excellent ambient
      material. Try
      > using slower tempos,as well as using sounds that flow well together.
      > Listen to what we have so far as well as the ambient music that is
      out there
      > already on the web and other sources.
      >
      > You can also experiment with sound combinations...but you can also
      make
      > ambient music with only one primary instrument (such as piano or
      guitar or
      > strings)
      >
      > Another thing to experiment are with textures, such as the
      experiments that
      > Shawn was telling us about in using Controller messages to control
      the
      > timbre of his piece.
      >
      > If anyone has only MIDI compositions and do not have access to
      creating
      > MP3's, I would be willing to try my hand at mixing it (such as
      Edgardo's
      > Morning After piece) Just let me know.
      >
      > the place to upload MIDI material is on on our new file section
      grp.I don't
      > have the URL off hand...anybody?
      >
      > ANYWAY...lets create some Ambient with a beat material!
      >
      > Tim C.

      http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
    • Tim Conrardy
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001