Ambient with a beat!

  • Tim Conrardy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      >The Ambient With A Beat project continues - Tim Conrardy is the
      >"Concert Master" in charge of this project. Proposed tracks may be
      >heard at http://www.besonic.com/User/0,1391,g0r0l0t0o0i344152,FF.html
      >and Tim uploaded again the instructions for adding mp3 tunes to our
      >BeSonic site - refer to those or email Tim wih questions. We do need
      >some more participation - these projects are always rewarding and
      >just plain fun to be involved in!

      >>Fractal-on,
      >
      >Phil J.

      ALRIGHT...time to get off our very ambient behinds and make some Hip-hop
      Ambient with a beat Music! So far so good with some excellent uploads to our
      besonic site.

      Fractal/ generative programs can make some excellent ambient material. Try
      using slower tempos,as well as using sounds that flow well together.
      Listen to what we have so far as well as the ambient music that is out there
      already on the web and other sources.

      You can also experiment with sound combinations...but you can also make
      ambient music with only one primary instrument (such as piano or guitar or
      strings)

      Another thing to experiment are with textures, such as the experiments that
      Shawn was telling us about in using Controller messages to control the
      timbre of his piece.

      If anyone has only MIDI compositions and do not have access to creating
      MP3's, I would be willing to try my hand at mixing it (such as Edgardo's
      Morning After piece) Just let me know.

      the place to upload MIDI material is on on our new file section grp.I don't
      have the URL off hand...anybody?

      ANYWAY...lets create some Ambient with a beat material!

      Tim C.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        Hi all,

        Yes, well said, Tim! I seem to have developed the annoying habit of
        constantly making the circuit of cnn.com,bbc.co.uk,foxnews.com. etc.
        to look for any breaking news.....just waiting for the other shoe to
        drop, so to speak....time to get productive!

        Phil

        http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp