OT: Parrots Keep Musical Time

  • Bill Herbert
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 2:24 PM
      Ever since seeing Alan Alda's Scientific American Frontiers episode on Alex the parrot (search YouTube if you never saw it) I have been more impressed by parrot intelligence than that of any other animal. I guess their social lives make their intelligence so much like ours.

      Now, we learn that parrots can also find the beat and keep time:

      http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/43353/title/Birds_bust_a_move_to_musical_beats

      Bill H