Tim Conrardy (Space Ace) has passed away

  • nosuch_tim
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
      Some very sad news. Tim Conrardy (Space Ace, to folks here) passed
      away suddenly while hiking last Saturday. A permanent memorial site
      has been established:

      http://tim-conrardy.last-memories.com

      where people can leave their thoughts and memories of him.

      ...Tim...
    • Victor Hugo
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
        Oh, my God... It's terrible.

        --- In cnfractal_music@yahoogroups.com, "nosuch_tim" <nosuch.tim@...>
        wrote:

        > Some very sad news. Tim Conrardy (Space Ace, to folks here) passed
        > away suddenly while hiking last Saturday. A permanent memorial site
        > has been established:
        >
        > http://tim-conrardy.last-memories.com
        >
        > where people can leave their thoughts and memories of him.
        >
        > ...Tim...

      • ed
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
          Hi:
          I feel so sorry.

          Ed

        • Gavin Stevens
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
            I am truly shocked to hear this very sad news.

            I first "met" Tim on this group in 2001 & it didn't take long to understand that he was someone who could make music with anything. He somehow managed to tame various fractal/algorithmic applications & get good music out of them. He also directly inspired me to use some algorithmic music applications originally written for the Atari ST computer & his dedication to the cause of the Atari ST was powerful & motivating to many people.

            The more I read of Tim Conrardy, the more I see that here was someone who was helpful, giving & encouraging to many via the internet & whose music & deeds reach the corners of the world. I suggest that, with the sad passing of Tim Conrardy, we experience the loss of a true internet celebrity.

            Rest in peace Tim.

            Gavin Stevens.

            On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 18:52:02 -0000
            "nosuch_tim" <nosuch.tim@...> wrote:

            > Some very sad news. Tim Conrardy (Space Ace, to folks here) passed
            > away suddenly while hiking last Saturday. A permanent memorial site
            > has been established:
            >
            > http://tim-conrardy.last-memories.com
            >
            > where people can leave their thoughts and memories of him.
            >
            > ...Tim...

          • PhilJackson
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
              This is truly a tragedy. I am shocked.

              Tim C. brightened so many lives and contributed so much to so many.
              Such a talented individual who could create such amazing music, he was
              always eager to help and encourage people. He kept some great software
              available for the Atari ST, many would not have known of but for Tim
              C.'s efforts.

              Such a loss.

              Go With God, Tim.

              Phil J.

              On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 18:52 +0000, nosuch_tim wrote:
              > Some very sad news. Tim Conrardy (Space Ace, to folks here) passed
              > away suddenly while hiking last Saturday. A permanent memorial site
              > has been established:
              >
              > http://tim-conrardy.last-memories.com
              >
              > where people can leave their thoughts and memories of him.
              >
              > ...Tim...

            • jacky schreiber
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
                I'm schocked!!

                don't have words, never met him, buit i know he was all what gavin just
                wrote, maybe more.., so sorry

                "nosuch_tim" <nosuch.tim@...> wrote:

                > Some very sad news. Tim Conrardy (Space Ace, to folks here) passed
                > away suddenly while hiking last Saturday. A permanent memorial site
                > has been established:
                >
                > http://tim-conrardy.last-memories.com
                >
                > where people can leave their thoughts and memories of him.
                >
                > ...Tim...

              • mhlomas
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
                  RIP, Tim. I only knew Tim through his web presence and the wonderful
                  synth presets he made, but he was easy to admire, and it's clear that
                  everyone who knew him thought the world of him. May he truly rest in
                  peace.

                  Martin L
                • Diego Peñalver
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
                    Hi all

                    I´m so deeply, deeply sorry and shocked ….

                    My great admiration and thankfulness to him.

                    Diego.

                    _____

                    Tim C. brightened so many lives and contributed so much to so many.
                    Such a talented individual who could create such amazing music, he was
                    always eager to help and encourage people. He kept some great software
                    available for the Atari ST, many would not have known of but for Tim
                    C.'s efforts.

                    Such a loss.

                    Go With God, Tim.

                    Phil J.

                    On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 18:52 +0000, nosuch_tim wrote:
                    > Some very sad news. Tim Conrardy (Space Ace, to folks here) passed
                    > away suddenly while hiking last Saturday. A permanent memorial site
                    > has been established:
                    >
                    > http://tim-conrardy <http://tim-conrardy.last-memories.com>
                    .last-memories.com

                    > where people can leave their thoughts and memories of him.
                    >
                    > ...Tim...

                    Las Definiciones de virus internas están desactualizadas.
                    Comprobada por AVG - http://www.avg.es
                    Versión: 8.0.173 / Base de datos de virus: 270.10.1/1868 - Fecha de la
                    versión: 29/12/2008 10:48

                  • harmono619
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 25, 2009
                      I'm shocked to hear this. I was trying to contact him a while back.
                      He was a really nice guy, and shared his music with me enthusiasticly.