Re: [cnfractal_music] Re: Keyscapes

  • jacky schreiber
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 28, 2005
      Hi all,

      I'm in too

      regards

      jacky

      Hi All,

      Great to get some good responses. Let's Roll!

      Phil J.
      =========

      --- In cnfractal_music@yahoogroups.com, Gavin Stevens <gavin-

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pss4eo/M=298184.6191685.7192823.30011
      > > 76/D=gr

      plch/S=1705032401:HM/EXP=1111811676/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http
      > > :/www.n etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here
      > >

      > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
      > > plch/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=943310512>
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      subject=Unsubscri
      > > be>

      > > Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      > > --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without
      music,
      > > dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at
      Network
      > > for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rKxVKC/SOnJAA/n1hLAA/RrLolB/TM

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Tim Conrardy
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 28, 2005
        Hi all

        just got a very cool Guitar for my B day, hand built by my friend
        George Biscaglia. He was working on it for 3 years, and finished it
        for my B day ( march 25th) this year.

        We worked closly on the design. I created my own logo for TC. It
        resembles JRR Tolkiens signature in a way. It has a cross for
        spiritual significance with a form closed C. I convinced him to make
        his own logo as well for Biscaglia.

        Since I am also an Atari user ( DUH!!) he also enlayed an Atari logo
        on the neck. looks very nice.

        The body is a Les Paul design, but much lighter.( and easier on the
        back Smile The neck is a little wide, but just perfect for me. Every
        note rings out clear.

        We went back on forth on what colors to use, but he found this unusual
        shade of red, so i went for it. It is definetly growing on me and
        looks very classy. You can still see the wood structure within it.

        The pickup are the standard Humbucking pickups for a regular Les paul.
        I found that they output pretty hot. I am using Receptor as an effects
        processor, and I have to turn the mic preamp all the way down, or just
        at 1. Very Hot signal!

        The guitar plays like a dream however, and now really plan to expand
        my guitar vocabulary as well. Its nice having a top notch quality
        custom guitar to inspire you!

        heres some pics:

        http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr1.JPG

        http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr2.JPG

        http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr3.JPG

        TC

      • PhilJackson
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 28, 2005
          Sweet!

          Can't wait to hear it!

          Phil J.

          > Hi all
          >
          > just got a very cool Guitar for my B day, hand built by my friend
          > George Biscaglia. He was working on it for 3 years, and finished it
          > for my B day ( march 25th) this year.
          >
          > We worked closly on the design. I created my own logo for TC. It
          > resembles JRR Tolkiens signature in a way. It has a cross for
          > spiritual significance with a form closed C. I convinced him to make
          > his own logo as well for Biscaglia.
          >
          > Since I am also an Atari user ( DUH!!) he also enlayed an Atari logo
          > on the neck. looks very nice.
          >
          > The body is a Les Paul design, but much lighter.( and easier on the
          > back Smile The neck is a little wide, but just perfect for me. Every
          > note rings out clear.
          >
          > We went back on forth on what colors to use, but he found this unusual
          > shade of red, so i went for it. It is definetly growing on me and
          > looks very classy. You can still see the wood structure within it.
          >
          > The pickup are the standard Humbucking pickups for a regular Les paul.
          > I found that they output pretty hot. I am using Receptor as an effects
          > processor, and I have to turn the mic preamp all the way down, or just
          > at 1. Very Hot signal!
          >
          > The guitar plays like a dream however, and now really plan to expand
          > my guitar vocabulary as well. Its nice having a top notch quality
          > custom guitar to inspire you!
          >

          > heres some pics:
          >
          > http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr1.JPG
          >

          > http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr2.JPG
          >
          > http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr3.JPG
          >
          > TC

        • PhilJackson
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 28, 2005
            Excellent to hear, Jacky!

            Phil J.

            > Hi all,
            >
            > I'm in too
            >
            > regards
            >
            > jacky
            >

            > Hi All,
            >
            > Great to get some good responses. Let's Roll!
            >
            > Phil J.
            > =========
            >

            > --- In cnfractal_music@yahoogroups.com, Gavin Stevens <gavin-
            > stevens@g...> wrote:
            > > Hi Diego & all,
            > >
            > > Great to hear from you.
            > >
            > > I very much hope you can contribute to Keyscapes 2.
            > >
            > > I am sure that there will be willing hands to take on the artwork
            > when
            > > the time comes.
            > >
            > > Best wishes,
            > >
            > > Gavin.
            > >
            > > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:17:51 -0400
            > > Diego Peñalver <diego_penalver@c...> wrote:
            > >

            > > > Hi to all!!
            > > >
            > > > Would be glad if Gavin takes the lead_
            > > >
            > > > Fantastic to see the engines turning on with a new project. I
            > hope to
            > > > have the time and mind to participate again in this crusade, now i
            > > > have a better sounding piano.. :-) . Don´t know if i can handdle
            > the
            > > > graphics design this time though, cause lack of time, but there
            > is a
            > > > lot of talent in this group for this, if some idea comes up i
            > will let
            > > > you know.
            > > >
            > > > It´s been a while, some external and still existing
            > circumstances
            > > > have
            > > > kept me in the passive mode, but am glad to see some people still
            > > > active. Hope this old-new project will bring us to the forum
            > again.
            > > >

            > > > Regards,
            > > >

            > > > Diego
            > > >

            > > > Hi Martin and all,
            > > >
            > > > Those 4 links should now be correct, for your listening pleasure!
            > > >
            > > > Phil J.

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pss4eo/M=298184.6191685.7192823.30011
            > > > 76/D=gr
            > > >
            > plch/S=1705032401:HM/EXP=1111811676/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http
            > > > :/www.n etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here
            > > >

            > > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
            > M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
            > > > plch/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=943310512>
            > > >

            > > > _____
            > > >
            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > subject=Unsubscri
            > > > be>

            > > > Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            > > > --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without
            > music,
            > > > dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at
            > Network
            > > > for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rKxVKC/SOnJAA/n1hLAA/RrLolB/TM

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Martin Lomas
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 28, 2005
              That's awesome, Tim. George must be an extremely talented craftsman. I once thought I was saving to have Paul Reed Smith make me an axe, but that dream evaporated along with the money! :(

              Martin

              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 30, 2005
                W 0 W !

                I want 1 !

                jacky

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 30, 2005
                  Hi all

                  Been very inspired by it, and got around to doing a composition. Kinda
                  Jazzy. I was jammin to a drum loop I had going in Receptor, and the RYM
                  guitar fell into place.Put in a bass guitar from another B-present from Dr
                  Ambient: a fender Jazz Bass guitar VST ( maybe we will release it)played on
                  my MIDI guitar . The strings are EVE with the Evalon soundset, again being
                  played by MIDI guitar. Extra percussion is hand played from my EMU MP7. All
                  recorded into Tracktion.

                  heres the link

                  http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=665

                  about 3MBs

                  This guitar sounds really sweet and a joy to play!!

                  Tim

                  >W 0 W !
                  >
                  >I want 1 !
                  >

                  >jacky
                  >

                  >heres some pics:
                  >
                  >http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr1.JPG
                  >

                  >http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr2.JPG
                  >
                  >http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr3.JPG
                  >
                  >TC

                • jacky schreiber
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 31, 2005
                    ..nice chops Tim!, I like this stuff..

                    regards to all

                    jacky

                    Hi all

                    Been very inspired by it, and got around to doing a composition. Kinda
                    Jazzy. I was jammin to a drum loop I had going in Receptor, and the RYM
                    guitar fell into place.Put in a bass guitar from another B-present from Dr
                    Ambient: a fender Jazz Bass guitar VST ( maybe we will release it)played on
                    my MIDI guitar . The strings are EVE with the Evalon soundset, again being
                    played by MIDI guitar. Extra percussion is hand played from my EMU MP7. All
                    recorded into Tracktion.

                    heres the link

                    http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=665

                    about 3MBs

                    This guitar sounds really sweet and a joy to play!!

                    Tim

                    >W 0 W !
                    >
                    >I want 1 !
                    >

                    >jacky
                    >

                    >heres some pics:
                    >
                    >http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr1.JPG
                    >

                    >http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr2.JPG
                    >
                    >http://tamw.atari-users.net/gtr3.JPG
                    >
                    >TC

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Dave Van Dyke
                    Message 9 of 26 , May 21 5:04 PM
                      Man, I burned the first 5 entries to cd for the car (had to go to a
                      school picnic for my kids). Very good start. Alot of variance.

                      Paul - Wayfaring is a great tune! Sounds very real (good reverb job).
                      Interesting on your "blender theory" for the midi file. Putting a
                      file through different scripts, or processes to morph it is something
                      i've started experimenting more with. I haven't used artwonk, but
                      would love to add it to my arsenal..

                      Jackie - .... I hear Mingus. Through in a brutal upright bass & off
                      the wall drums kit behind it & you'd be getting calls from Jazz
                      Improv magazine (OT - It's REALLY good for music theory, but
                      expensive I recommend at least checking them out on the web). very
                      cool! Oh, yeah, you'd probably have to add a tenor sax in as
                      well.......

                      untoweechja - welcome aboard! I'm downloading yours as I type. Keep
                      posting!

                      To all - I had an idea while I was driving I had a thought or two ( I
                      usually do, for some reason...)

                      1. If we decide to follow up at some point with a guitar based
                      project (ie - fretscapes) I would throw in my $0.02 that we limit it
                      to truely fretted instruments (guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, sitar,
                      koto, etc..) We leave symphonic instruments out.
                    • Dave Van Dyke
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 21 5:07 PM
                        Damn, I accidentally hit send before I was through.....

                        Anyway, keep fretscape just to fretted instruments, and then, if any
                        are willing, we do one that encompases malleted instruments,
                        including drums & brushed kits, dulcimers, etc.. There are 3 widely
                        varied projects, and I think it would expand everyones thinking a bit.

                        Whacha think!

                        Peace,
                        Dave

                        --- In cnfractal_music@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Van Dyke"
                        <dvandyke@s...> wrote:
                        > Man, I burned the first 5 entries to cd for the car (had to go to a
                        > school picnic for my kids). Very good start. Alot of variance.
                        >
                        > Paul - Wayfaring is a great tune! Sounds very real (good reverb
                        job).
                        > Interesting on your "blender theory" for the midi file. Putting a
                        > file through different scripts, or processes to morph it is
                        something
                        > i've started experimenting more with. I haven't used artwonk, but
                        > would love to add it to my arsenal..
                        >
                        > Jackie - .... I hear Mingus. Through in a brutal upright bass & off
                        > the wall drums kit behind it & you'd be getting calls from Jazz
                        > Improv magazine (OT - It's REALLY good for music theory, but
                        > expensive I recommend at least checking them out on the web). very
                        > cool! Oh, yeah, you'd probably have to add a tenor sax in as
                        > well.......
                        >
                        > untoweechja - welcome aboard! I'm downloading yours as I type. Keep
                        > posting!
                        >
                        > To all - I had an idea while I was driving I had a thought or two (
                        > usually do, for some reason...)
                        >
                        > 1. If we decide to follow up at some point with a guitar based
                        > project (ie - fretscapes) I would throw in my $0.02 that we limit
                        it
                        > to truely fretted instruments (guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin,
                        sitar,
                        > koto, etc..) We leave symphonic instruments out.
                      • Gavin Stevens
                        Message 11 of 26 , May 23 3:40 PM
                          Hi Dave & all,

                          Ooh! did someone say dulcimers? I like this idea of mallet instruments,
                          could include all sorts of great instruments.

                          Good thinking :-)

                          Gavin.

                          On Sun, 22 May 2005 00:07:45 -0000
                          "Dave Van Dyke" <dvandyke@...> wrote:

                          > Damn, I accidentally hit send before I was through.....
                          >
                          > Anyway, keep fretscape just to fretted instruments, and then, if any
                          > are willing, we do one that encompases malleted instruments,
                          > including drums & brushed kits, dulcimers, etc.. There are 3 widely
                          > varied projects, and I think it would expand everyones thinking a bit.
                          >
                          > Whacha think!
                          >
                          > Peace,
                          > Dave
                          >

                          > --- In cnfractal_music@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Van Dyke"
                          > <dvandyke@s...> wrote:
                          > > Man, I burned the first 5 entries to cd for the car (had to go to a
                          > > school picnic for my kids). Very good start. Alot of variance.
                          > >
                          > > Paul - Wayfaring is a great tune! Sounds very real (good reverb
                          > job).
                          > > Interesting on your "blender theory" for the midi file. Putting a
                          > > file through different scripts, or processes to morph it is
                          > something
                          > > i've started experimenting more with. I haven't used artwonk, but
                          > > would love to add it to my arsenal..
                          > >
                          > > Jackie - .... I hear Mingus. Through in a brutal upright bass & off
                          > > the wall drums kit behind it & you'd be getting calls from Jazz
                          > > Improv magazine (OT - It's REALLY good for music theory, but
                          > > expensive I recommend at least checking them out on the web). very
                          > > cool! Oh, yeah, you'd probably have to add a tenor sax in as
                          > > well.......
                          > >
                          > > untoweechja - welcome aboard! I'm downloading yours as I type. Keep
                          > > posting!
                          > >
                          > > To all - I had an idea while I was driving I had a thought or two (
                          > > usually do, for some reason...)
                          > >
                          > > 1. If we decide to follow up at some point with a guitar based
                          > > project (ie - fretscapes) I would throw in my $0.02 that we limit
                          > it
                          > > to truely fretted instruments (guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin,
                          > sitar,
                          > > koto, etc..) We leave symphonic instruments out.

                        • pjfjacks
                          Message 12 of 26 , May 23 6:16 PM
                            Marimbas, vibes, xylophones, kettle drums, gongs, bells, logs, hammered
                            dulcimer. all those things that can be

                            Pounded upon in various ways!

                            PercuScapes?

                            Phil J.

                            _____

                          • jackysch@cantv.net
                            Message 13 of 26 , May 24 6:45 AM
                              ..well, I was thinking of two different projects,say tuned
                              percussionscapes (Marimbas, vibes, xylophones, etc...) and another one,
                              untuned percuscapes (drum kits, logs, ethinc non tuned percussions, etc... )

                              regards

                              jacky

                              Message 14 of 26 , May 24 6:15 PM
                                Hmmm- I was thinking of just one featuring all the percussion
                                instruments. A ways to go before we get to that one, but discussion
                                in advance is good.

                                Phil J.