Thank you I Love My Swim Team

  • alispr@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2012
      As most know I crashed actually going down steep part of Ilchester about 30 mph with hill repeats my front tire caught in something and I was propelled over my bars and my bike flipped with me. I struck my helmet and above my left eye sunglases cut me and was shattered but probably svaed a lot of my face. I just remember, well, blood and pain and as a ICU RN with some trauma experience with our soilders thought I was going to be a major head trauma. My main concern at the time was of course my bike my husband spent what we had for me this year on my first and really nice time trial bike. I was so blest with amazing bystanders one a Rick Bender and Leslie ... who took my bike home. Amazingly I ended up with only 17 stitches my gash went almost to the bone and a mild broken nose but no other fractures and I am so grateful no concussion. If you do not think your helmet and sunglasses aren't important you are mistaken. I am hanging my helmet eventually in my basement blood spatter and all as a reminder. I am training for Lake Placid IM for the 2nd time and have been placing in many races this year so had hopes of doing well I 'll accept anything as long as my effort is great though. I was just entering my taper I have done a lot of tough training this year and so love my swim team my coach put me back on it this year:-) I am healing so fast I can hardly believe it and have been back on my bike today and LOVED IT and even tried running in this heat mid morning I made it 1 hr 10 of my 1 hr 30 min rest on treadmill so I am back on for Lake Placid. I kep telling them in the ER I was still doing the race and it was a good sign din't Chrissy Wellington crash and then go on to win. I do not know if I will win or not but it will be a great effort.
      I so appreciate the thoughfullness of the team sending Abby G over with fortune coookies I even off diet ate one and already read all the fortunes, I love love the Fat Tire beer too I love beer and wine so with deepest humble thankfulness I love my swim family and I hope I do well at Lake Placid. I so love doing Ironmen I think I am obsessed.
      Thank you once again there is no better swim team around:-)