Re: Oragnisation Process focuss

  • anithabhino
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      --- In cmmi_process_improvement@yahoogroups.com, "tksh_niwa"
      <tksh_niwa@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > Read CMMI and get what it says about OPF.
      > What are the purpose, goals? Why you need OPF?
      > OPF is all about process improvement activity, I think.
      > Therefore, procedure may look like, initiation of SPI,
      > diagnozing, process definition/revision, implementation,
      > monitoring and control, feedback, lessons learnt, put it into
      > the processes, and move on. It may not be simply as
      > two dimension (linear) but 3 or 4 dimention may be necessary.
      >
      > Niwa
      >
      > --- In cmmi_process_improvement@yahoogroups.com, "anithabhino"
      > <anithabhino@> wrote:
      > >
      > > In order to write procedure for organisation process focus,what are
      > > the things mandatory? Is there any format to follow that
      > > procedure.(Format not mean introduction,purpose,scope)apart from
      > this...
      > >
      > > is any sample procedure for reference
      > >
      > > Members Plz Help me
      > >
      > > Thanks in Advance
      > > Anitha

      Hi Niwa,
      Thanks for your reply.
      Do you have any sample procedures for opf?

      awaiting for ur reply

      Thanks in Advance
      Anitha
    • anithabhino
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
        <tksh_niwa@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > Read CMMI and get what it says about OPF.
        > What are the purpose, goals? Why you need OPF?
        > OPF is all about process improvement activity, I think.
        > Therefore, procedure may look like, initiation of SPI,
        > diagnozing, process definition/revision, implementation,
        > monitoring and control, feedback, lessons learnt, put it into
        > the processes, and move on. It may not be simply as
        > two dimension (linear) but 3 or 4 dimention may be necessary.
        >
        > Niwa
        >
        > --- In cmmi_process_improvement@yahoogroups.com, "anithabhino"
        > <anithabhino@> wrote:
        > >
        > > In order to write procedure for organisation process focus,what
        are
        > > the things mandatory? Is there any format to follow that
        > > procedure.(Format not mean introduction,purpose,scope)apart from
        > this...
        > >
        > > is any sample procedure for reference
        > >
        > > Members Plz Help me
        > >
        > > Thanks in Advance
        > > Anitha
        > >
        >Hi ALL
        I need one more help.
        Our company is small company with 150 employees,we are into web
        designing.We like to get cmmi3.But the thing is though we get many
        projects its all small one we call that projects as jobs which take
        min 3 hrs to max 5 days .Most of the projects will take only 2
        days.So Members plz help me how to handle this problem.Does CMMI take
        this projects for auditing/appraisal.

        What are the things to follow?
        We roposed to follow one seperate procedure for this kind of project.

        Members wats ur opinion and how to handle this?

        Thanks and regards
        Anitha
      • arnokorpershoek
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
          Hi Niwa,

          It is all in the eye of the beholder.
          Although reading through the goals and information in the model
          provides a lot of more or less simple actions. It's real challenge is
          the implementation part.
          OPF build a foundation for process improvement in the organization. It
          stimulates management to think about the purpose of processes
          supporting the business goals, it stimulates the process responsibles
          in building an architecture, or put into other words "glueing" the
          'simplistic┬┤ different parts of the model into a coherent and
          supportive OSSP. You only know what and how to improve if you have a
          clu on the why.
          Also, it provides visibility in the forces in the organization and
          their attitude towards processes as methods for enhancing business
          excellence.

          Hopes this clearifies it a bit for you,
          Arno

          <tksh_niwa@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > Read CMMI and get what it says about OPF.
          > What are the purpose, goals? Why you need OPF?
          > OPF is all about process improvement activity, I think.
          > Therefore, procedure may look like, initiation of SPI,
          > diagnozing, process definition/revision, implementation,
          > monitoring and control, feedback, lessons learnt, put it into
          > the processes, and move on. It may not be simply as
          > two dimension (linear) but 3 or 4 dimention may be necessary.
          >
          > Niwa
          >
          > --- In cmmi_process_improvement@yahoogroups.com, "anithabhino"
          > <anithabhino@> wrote:
          > >
          > > In order to write procedure for organisation process focus,what are
          > > the things mandatory? Is there any format to follow that
          > > procedure.(Format not mean introduction,purpose,scope)apart from
          > this...
          > >
          > > is any sample procedure for reference
          > >
          > > Members Plz Help me
          > >
          > > Thanks in Advance
          > > Anitha

        • tksh_niwa
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
            Hi

            I do not have any samples. But to recommend some valuable reference
            materials.
            "Managing the software Process" by Humpherey
            "Knowledge Management" by Milton
            "Quality is Free" by Crosby