RE: [CMMi Process Improvement] Difference b/w CMMI for Development v1.1 and CMMI v1.2

  • Ali Asad Akhtar
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006

      Amir,

      You find the required information from the following URL;

      http://www.processgroup.com/condensed-cmmi1p2-changelist-v1.pdf

      It also has further links to the SEI’s work on documenting the changes.

      Hope this helps.

      Regards,
      Ali Asad Akhtar

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006

        Amir,

        The primary differences in CMMI v1.1 vs. CMMI v1.2 at maturity level 2 are isolated in Supplier Agreement Management.

        The v1.1 SAM SP2.1 practice has been deleted (although its intent was essentially moved to Technical Solution), and two practices from Integrated Supplier Management (a CMMI v1.1 process area at maturity level 3 that was eliminated in CMMI v1.2), were integrated into SAM.  One of these practices has to do with overseeing the suppliers key processes, and the other has to do with reviewing the suppliers key work products.

        Again, these are the primary differences; there are some minor global changes that affect the ML2 process areas as well.  For example, with the elimination of the concept of base and advanced practices in v1.2, all 5 REQM specific practices are expected to be performed to achieve CL1.  In v1.1, only the three base practices (SP1.1-1, SP1.3-1, and SP1.5-1) were expected to be performed at CL1.

        Hope this helps!

        Pat