Attend the Newest Web Seminar on Performance-Test Planning

  • mbrown@sqe.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2006
      Attend the Newest Web Seminar -
      Brought to you by Better Software Magazine & StickyMinds.com
      Techniques to Optimize Your Performance-Test Planning
      Register Now! http://www.sqe.com/WB1006EM1
      Date: Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 2:00 PM EST
      Featured Speakers: Dale Perry, Consultant,
      Software Quality Engineering
      Joe Fernandes, Director of Product Management,
      Empirix
      Sponsored by: Empirix
      Learn More: http://www.sqe.com/WB1006EM1
      During functional testing, we focus on the behavior of application
      features and execution scenarios on an individual basis. During
      performance-testing, we focus on the speed and capacity of the
      application rather than functionality. Planning an effective
      performance-test requires an understanding of the basic difference
      between these two types of tests. For effective performance-tests,
      we must create an operational profile defining the types of users
      and the load each will put on the system. From a performance-perspective,
      it is the effect of this mix of workloads and interactions that we seek
      to understand.
      During this Web seminar, Dale Perry, consultant for Software Quality
      Engineering, will discuss how creating a representative load profile
      is one of the key requirements for successful performance-test
      planning and critical to effective tool usage. We will look at what
      makes up a load profile and how to develop one for your project.
      Whether your application is Web, client/server, mainframe, or even
      embedded, the same concepts of operational profiles apply.
      Later, Joe Fernandes of Empirix will discuss the importance of
      adding a solid performance-test plan to your current test process.
      Whether testing is done manually or leveraging automated test tools,
      functional testing prior to application launch is, for the most part,
      an accepted part of the development process. Good performance-testing
      is far less common. Whether it's due to lack of time, resources,
      knowledge, or commitment, performance-test practices at many organizations
      range from limited to non-existent. During this session, Joe will discuss
      performance-test execution and provide practical tips and techniques for
      adding performance-testing to your current test process.
      Software Quality Engineering
      Conferences * Training * eTraining * Consulting * eNewsletters
      StickyMinds.com * Better Software Magazine * Web Seminars
      http://www.sqe.com
      http://www.StickyMinds.com
      http://www.BetterSoftware.com