Let me know the differences btwn thresholds and bounds in Risk Mngt of CMMI.

  • ekizz7
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hello,

      Please, let me know the meanings and differences btwn thresholds and
      bounds in Risk Mngt of CMMI.
      I am studying CMMi now.

      Thanks in advance.

      GS Lee / Seoul Korea
    • gkeefer@avoca-vsm.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
        hello GS Lee,

        my interpretarion is that bounds are used to calculate
        risk exposure (probability * severity).
        the lower bound of the highesr severity risk could be
        for example a potential loss of more than 1 million $.
        you apply the bounds during risk assessment.

        thresholds are simply triggers to indicate the need for
        immediate action on behalf of a risk becoming a problem.

        regards,

        gerold