Defect Categories for RCA

  • sanjiv_patiala
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi All

      Can anybody help me with a List of Defect categories for doing a

      - pareto of defects
      - Root cause analysis
      - deciding Defect Prevention actions to kill the most impacted
      categories.

      Also, I need description of each category.

      Regards
      sanjiv bansal
      SQA Lead, ITAC
      c/o STMicroelectronics Ltd.
      Plot no. 2 & 3, Sec 16 A,
      Noida -201301
    • P J Corum
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        Dear Sanjive,

        Start by reviewing the document below:

        IEEE Standard Classification for Software Anomalies

        I have included a reference document on Metrics that you may find helpful.

        Regards,

        P J

        P J Corum, CSQA, CSTE Phone: +971 4 391 1234
        Managing Director Fax: +971 4 391 1235
        Quality Assurance Institute, Mobile: +971 50 454 0105
        Middle East and Africa FZ-LLC pjcorum@...
        Dubai Internet City www.qaimea.com

        P.O. Box 500092

        Dubai, United Arab Emirates

        SEI Transition Partner for providing SCAMPI(SM) Appraisal Services
        The information transmitted in this e-mail, and any files transmitted with
        it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to
        whom it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
        use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or
        entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have
        received this message in error, please notify me.