Re: [CMMi Process Improvement] CMMi specific RSKM?

  • Aravind Raman
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003

      Hi Monica,

      Preparing a Risk Management Plan consists of following activities:

      Assumptions:

      1. You have a database/repository of risks mainatained & updated regularly.(Categorization in the repository is advisable)

      2. Your Level 2 KPAs are followed in letter & spirit.

      Process Steps (Minimal to be defined):

      1. Look for a similar project & identify risks.

      2. Look in the risk repository for likely risks relevant to the project as well as the   mitigation plan & what worked & what did'nt.

      3. Plan for the risks and group the risks.

      4. Categorize the risks on the basis of say people, technology, environement, etc.

      HTH,

      Aravind Raman

      +91-80-207 35 27

       Monica Srivastava <monasrivastava@...> wrote:

      Hi All

      I am going through the Risk Management PA of CMMI but i am not able to come
      to a conclusion what model or architectural definition should be defined,
      such as the SG 1 talks about Prepare a Risk M Plan - Determine sources and
      Categorize, parameters and establish strategy.

      Now other book such As Pressman and Jalotae directly comes to the Risk
      Identification activity, at that stage they used priority, impact etc.

      I am trying to map all the sub-practise of RSKM but sometimes it seems that
      it is unnecessary.

      I saw the earlier link provided for the .pdf file, that is good but writing
      process in still finding difficult.

      Regards
      Monica

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Bhanu Kumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        Monica / Arvind and others,

        From what I understand as Risk as in CMMI, I feel we need to come out with at minimum the following:

        1. Existence of Risk Database
        2. Proof of managing risk
          1. In terms of Static and
          2. Dynamic Risks
        By static risks I mean the risks that are clear ones upfront and we know we need to manage and dynamic are those wherein we need to check the happenings (typical case of: Yes a risk but mitigation can wait) and then decide whether we need to manage or not.  For this we need to come out with the Organization Threshold values based on which we know when to have a mitigation and when not.

        This as far as I understand will result in Probable, Live, Mitigated, Closed risks in our database.

        Please validate whether my understanding is correct

        Thanks