Process Improvement activities

  • Srinivas Bandaru
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2005

      Hi,

      Can anyone help me regarding the activities involved in Process Improvement? Please let me know in the prespective of process and product.

      Thanks in advance,

      Regards,

      Srinivas, SQA.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • A Chugh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hi

        Process Improvements may be taken up at different levels e.g.
        Organization wide as well as at the project level. At organization
        level, employees come up with the suggestions based on their usage of
        the processes and mail them to the concerned group in the organization
        (SEPG, Task Forces).
        At the project level, the team members can provide their inputs for
        process enhancements based on their experience while executing the
        project. This could be anything like adding points in the checklist to
        suggesting changes in templates. Here the suggestions can originate
        while doing the root cause analysis of the defects, while discussing
        the learnings of the project, best practices followed in the project
        and so on.
        You can have a Process Improvement Log for tracking all the
        Suggestions that are mailed. The Log is an effective mechanism for
        tracking of the suggestions and from there onwards the suggestions can
        be allocated to various concerned groups like Task Forces.

        I hop this would be of some help.

        Regards
        Ajay

        On 6/1/05, Srinivas Bandaru <bandaru_sreenivas@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Can anyone help me regarding the activities involved in Process Improvement?
        > Please let me know in the prespective of process and product.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Srinivas, SQA.

      • Ramana Rao
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
          Hi Srininvas,

          Process / Technology Improvement Activities :

          In process improvement process there will be a document named
          Improvment Proposal. that can be raised by anyone in the organization.
          Improvement proposal will be sent to SEPG. In SEPG Meeting they will
          discuss on that proposal, if the improvment proposal is beneficial.
          then they will change the process.

          after changing the process there will be a Improvement Plan,Pilot run,
          Pilot Status and pilot clousre will be there.

          these are the activities.

          If you want more information send me mail.
          you are from ??

          ramu
          SEPG-SQA

          On 6/1/05, Srinivas Bandaru <bandaru_sreenivas@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Can anyone help me regarding the activities involved in Process Improvement?
          > Please let me know in the prespective of process and product.
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Srinivas, SQA.

        • John Travolta
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005

            Hi all,

            does anyone has any idea about the tool 'Process Director'. Please share some info regarding its utilities and features if you are aware of it.

            Our organization is planning to purchase it, for managing its 'OSSP' and/or 'PAL' in Process Director. Is it possible?

            Thanks,
            John

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • adriana_pereira1
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005

              Hi people...

              First I’d like to ask sorry, because I don’t know English very well, but I will to try talk with you. I’m finishing my college and now I need to write something and I chose to write about CMMI, I’d like to know if you have some files with history about evolution of the quality of software. Files  about ISO, CMM, CMMI.

              Thanks,

              Adriana Pereira

              Enviada em: quinta-feira, 2 de junho de 2005 08:22
              Para: cmmi_process_improvement@yahoogroups.com
              Assunto: Re: [CMMi Process Improvement] Process Improvement activities

              Hi Srininvas,

              Process / Technology Improvement Activities :

              In process improvement process there will be a document named
              Improvment Proposal. that can be raised by anyone in the organization.
              Improvement proposal will be sent to SEPG. In SEPG Meeting they will
              discuss on that proposal, if the improvment proposal is beneficial.
              then they will  change the process.

              after changing the process there will be a Improvement Plan,Pilot run,
              Pilot Status and pilot clousre will be there.

              these are the activities.

              If you want more information send me mail.
              you are from ??

              ramu
              SEPG-SQA

              On 6/1/05, Srinivas Bandaru <bandaru_sreenivas@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > Can anyone help me regarding the activities involved in Process Improvement?
              > Please let me know in the prespective of process and product.
              >
              > Thanks in advance,
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Srinivas, SQA.

            • subash chandran nirmal
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2005
                Hi Srini,

                As per your quastions, iam hereby sending an attachment.kindly check in this...
                if iam wrong, kindly correct me

                Srinivas Bandaru <bandaru_sreenivas@...> wrote:

                Hi,

                Can anyone help me regarding the activities involved in Process Improvement? Please let me know in the prespective of process and product.

                Thanks in advance,

                Regards,

                Srinivas, SQA.

                http://mail.yahoo.com