CMMI Applicability On Limited Life Cycle Projects

  • Imran Nasim
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi All

      1.If there is any compnay which is only doing Requirements Prototyping or Requirements Visualization projects, can they go for CMMI Level2. Becuase that company claims that it is performing all the Process Areas for Level2 even they are not doing Development or Testing, but they are only doing Requirements Visualization. Please provide response as to whether it is possible for such company to go to CMMI.

      2.If a company works on only Testing Projects or only Development Projects, can they qualify for CMMI Level2. I know they cannot qualify for CMMI Level3 becuase in that cases they wont be fulfilling either Technical Solutions or Verification / Validation Process. But that company claims that even though we are only doing testing or development but we are fullfilling all the Process Areas, we should be able to go to CMMI Level2. Please comments what are your views on this.

      Is there a specific requriement from SEI, that the projects should follow the entire SDLC or is it possible for the companies to get atleast to CMMI Level2 if they are doing Requirements Visualiztion, Testing or Development.???

      Any comments in this regards shall be highly appreciated.

      Regards
      Imran