Representations and Disciplines

  • BurcuB�y�kka�n�
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004
      Hello,
      I have two questions regarding CMMI representations and disciplines.
      1) Does systems engineering include hardware systems? What is the difference in implementation between software eng and sys. eng? I am working in a company which produces only software and we want to exclude our network team out of CMMI studies. We don't serve our customers about network, hardware topics and we do not work on embedded systems neither. What should I do? Which companies select both sw and se?

      2)I am confused about staged and cont. representations? In cont. representation we can say we will improve only in project amnagemnet and monitoring till level 3 but i don't study for quantative project management. Am i right? And also, could I select processes to implement from scratch or is it written somewhere? And in staged representation, i cannot say anything, if i intend to be level 3 , i achieve all goals in all process area categories until  level 3(including l.3).

      If you could help me, i will be very glad.
      Thank you and happy new year with best wishes,

      Do you Yahoo!?