CMMi in Electronics organization

  • Sunny Mehta
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4 9:16 PM
      Hi All,

      If you can brief me about the following then that would be appreciated.

      How to implement CMMi in electronics organization?
      Which CMMi model will be used?
      What would be different metrics for the same?

      Thanks & best regards
      Sunny
    • Bruce Epstein - BFD SAS
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6 5:46 AM
        By electronics, do you mean chips or products? And I presume you're
        talking about design, and not manufacturing or repair?

        In a previous lifetime, we used CMMI-DEV (and before that, SE-CMM) quite
        nicely in design domains (dare I say it was even more natural than pure
        software environments? ;). In addition to all the usual project management
        and product quality metrics, in the chip world we used number of gates and
        fab yield as natural metrics whereas in the product world we used
        complexity and manufacturability. In all cases, the question "what shall
        we measure" was not difficult, as it was what senior management *already*
        used to manage the business (contrast again with many software-only
        environments I have encountered).

        Hope this helps.
        Bruce

        Le Lun 5 août 2013 6:16, Sunny Mehta a écrit :
        > Hi All,
        >
        > If you can brief me about the following then that would be appreciated.
        >
        > How to implement CMMi in electronics organization?
        > Which CMMi model will be used?
        > What would be different metrics for the same?
        >
        > Thanks & best regards
        > Sunny
      • yogesh verma
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6 8:23 AM
          Hi Sunny,

          CMMI Dev with Staged representation will help. Please call me if you need more information as I have implemented this in my previous organization.

          Regards,
          Yogesh Verma
          (m) 9373251107