Re: [CMMi Process Improvement] Re: Iterative development and tests: how to aim at moving targets.

  • Remy Fannader
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2013
      Hi Rama,
      Duly noted, and thanks for your attention.
      Remy.

      On 26 April 2013 08:22, rama_lakshman <r1a2m3a4lakshman@...> wrote:

      Thanks Remy for sharing the thoughts.

      But this is not direly related to focusing on the CMMI - PI I feel.

      Perhaps we can take it under a sub group focusing on agile process analysis evolution and improvement.

      Warm regards
      Rama Lakshman

      --- In cmmi_process_improvement@yahoogroups.com, "remyfannader" <caminao@...> wrote:

      > Test driven development can be seen as a mirror image of model driven development, a somewhat logical consequence considering the limited role of models in agile approaches.
      > The downside is that without fully defined objectives, there is a question mark on the kind of reference against which programs are to be tested; likewise, the question is how results are to be managed across iteration cycles, especially if changing requirements are to be taken into account.
      > Remy.
      > http://caminao.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/tdd/

    • EDWARD F WELLER III
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2013

        Au contraire, the post by Remy is one that many using the CMMI should find useful and to the point as they come to grips with testing in the Agile world and how you look at it in terms of the CMMI. Just as people incorrectly state the CMMI does not address "testing" because the term is not used in RD, TS, PI, VER, and VAL the way they are accustomed to seeing it in the literature, a description of test driven development that does not say "CMMI" in it does not mean it has no relationship to CMMI

        A model can have many interpretations in the real world

        Ed