Marketing a SPI initiative

  • rich_cyran
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      I'd be interested to know if anybody has created marketing fliers,
      brochures etc. to communicate/promote their CMMI intiative?

      Has anybody issued certificates of achievement for internal training
      classes related to CMMI initiatives?

      If so, any recommendations for software, ideas etc. would be
      appreciated.

      What are some of the ideas people are using to "Raise the level of
      consciousness"?

      Thanks

      Rich
    • Cindy Chen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
        Hi Rich,

        We found that the most effective method is to link any internal
        publicity to the direct impact on new and existing business.

        Our strategies include the production of brochures, training
        certificates, visual wall-boards, news-letters etc. However the
        messages that each of these portrays must be targeted at specific
        goal achievement.

        Marketing is only effective if it truly encourages personal
        enthusiasm and directs energy toward near-term, clearly stated and
        achievable goals. The first step in any campaign like this is to
        understand the motivational needs of your people, your teams and
        your company. Map these needs into direct business related ambitions
        that can be traced directly through different routes to each group
        in your organizations. This gives you the messages and motivational
        tactics that you need for your brochures, meetings, wall-charts etc.
        and also helps to link any reward schemes to customer feedback, new
        business generation and external corporate marketing programs.

        Best of luck in your efforts,

        Cindy
      • Essam Badawi
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2004
          Dear All,

          I guess most of you know about SEI/INTRo. And for the
          others:

          INTRo is a structured approach for adopting and
          deploying new tools and technology (methods,
          processes). INTRo is composed of proven practices,
          tips, checklists, guidelines, tutorials and work
          products in template form.

          IDEAL SM-Based New Technology Rollout (INTRo) is a
          technology selection and deployment tool, designed in
          collaboration by the Software Engineering Institute
          (SEI) and Computer Associates. INTRo is being made
          freely accessible to all interested parties.

          http://www.sei.cmu.edu/intro/start.html

          Also, another places which is wealth of information
          are:
          http://sepo.spawar.navy.mil/sepo/Process_Assets_By_PA.html
          http://www.columbia.edu/~jm2217/#Syllabus
          http://www.npd-solutions.com/bok.html

          Pay more atention for the first one (SEPO)

          Thank you,

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail