RE: [CMMi Process Improvement] Project Kick-off meeting

  • CQ
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2012

      Hi Ribhu

      What do you do during the Project Kick-off Meetings?

      Obtain commitments to the plans?

      Some amount of reviews on the plans are also done during this meeting?

      Hope you have some answers now from the Project Planning Process Area

      Cheers,

      Mathi Ezhil Arasu

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30, 2012
        Ribhu,

        I would consider thinking of it from a different angle.

        What is working about our kickoff meetings?  What might we do to improve our kickoff meetings?

        In order to improve our kickoff meeting, we  consider looking at practices in PP, PMC, MA, RSKM, IPM, and others.

        You may need to step back and look at the practices from those PAs that are "architectural" (e.g.; setting Risk strategy categories that you want to use for ALL projects), and "project based" (things you need to remember to focus on for that particular kickoff).

        Looking at it from the other perspective could lead you to create a "CMMI-centric" process, not a process that fits your business and your projects.

        Jeff

        Jeff Dalton, President
        Broadsword Solutions Corporation
        jeff@...
        248-341-3367 (office)
        248-709-4775 (cell)

        Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser
        Certified "Introduction to CMMI" Instructor
        Certified "CMMI Maturity Level 2 for Practitioners" Instructor
        SCAMPI Team Leader
        SEI Partner Advisory Board Member

        Visit our website at: http://www.broadswordsolutions.com

        Visit Jeff's Blog at: www.asktheCMMIAppraiser.com

        Follow Jeff on Twitter: CMMIAppraiser

        On Mar 29, 2012, at 6:16 AM, Ribhu Lavania wrote:

        Which SPs are mapped to Project Kick-off meetings?
        Best Regards,
        Ribhu

      • praveen
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8 4:29 AM