Re: Project Kick-off meeting

  • EDWARD F WELLER III
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29 9:37 AM
      Which ones do you think they map to?  See Socratic method Smiley emoticon
    • Heather Oppenheimer
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 29 10:06 AM

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 29 10:14 AM

          Ribhu,

          There is no single practice that requires KOM or any other action or artifact. The KOM could be accepted in appraisal as an evidence to some practices or no practice at all. From my own experience, I see many organizations use it to obtain commitment on the requirements and plan. However there are many other acceptable alternatives as well.

          B. Regards

          Ahmed Abd El Aziz

          Lead Appraiser

          Certified Six Sigma Black Belt

          Software Engineering Competence Center "SECC"

          Information Technology Industry Development Agency "ITIDA"

          Smart Village, Building (B121)

          Cairo-Alexandria Desert Road
          Giza, Egypt 12577

          T +202 3534 0000/5092

          F +202 3539 2134

          M +20100 177 8765

          email@...

          www.secc.org.eg

          Follow us:

          facebook-small.jpg      Linkedin-Icon.png     Twitter-Icon.png

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 30 2:29 AM

            Hi Ribhu

            What do you do during the Project Kick-off Meetings?

            Obtain commitments to the plans?

            Some amount of reviews on the plans are also done during this meeting?

            Hope you have some answers now from the Project Planning Process Area

            Cheers,

            Mathi Ezhil Arasu

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 30 12:59 PM
              Ribhu,

              I would consider thinking of it from a different angle.

              What is working about our kickoff meetings?  What might we do to improve our kickoff meetings?

              In order to improve our kickoff meeting, we  consider looking at practices in PP, PMC, MA, RSKM, IPM, and others.

              You may need to step back and look at the practices from those PAs that are "architectural" (e.g.; setting Risk strategy categories that you want to use for ALL projects), and "project based" (things you need to remember to focus on for that particular kickoff).

              Looking at it from the other perspective could lead you to create a "CMMI-centric" process, not a process that fits your business and your projects.

              Jeff

              Jeff Dalton, President
              Broadsword Solutions Corporation
              jeff@...
              248-341-3367 (office)
              248-709-4775 (cell)

              Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser
              Certified "Introduction to CMMI" Instructor
              Certified "CMMI Maturity Level 2 for Practitioners" Instructor
              SCAMPI Team Leader
              SEI Partner Advisory Board Member

              Visit our website at: http://www.broadswordsolutions.com

              Visit Jeff's Blog at: www.asktheCMMIAppraiser.com

              Follow Jeff on Twitter: CMMIAppraiser

              On Mar 29, 2012, at 6:16 AM, Ribhu Lavania wrote:

              Which SPs are mapped to Project Kick-off meetings?
              Best Regards,
              Ribhu

            • praveen
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 8, 2012