Re: [CMMi Process Improvement] PPM related questions / help

  • EDWARD F WELLER III
    Message 1 of 95 , Aug 1, 2010

      Praveen

      For the moment, let us ignore issues wrt PPMs

      If you have only one data point, how would you extrapolate future performance?

      Ed
      Message 95 of 95 , Aug 8, 2010

        Praveen

        With only one data point, future performance can be extrapolated in any direction - all 360 degrees, unless the physical world prohibits going backwards in space or time

        Suggest you start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrapolation -if the team does not understand this you are in a bit of trouble as they do not understand some basis elements of mathematics and/or the real world.

        Ed
        I agree with you. But how to convince the team. Can I show them some examples?

        Any one can share some more info??