Re: CMMI SVC

  • rgupta777
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2010
      Yes, I have looked at Lamri presentation and also another presentation that was sent as a reply to my query. Thanks for this.

      I am particularly looking for detailed mapping and not just at the process level mapping. The process level mapping provide kind of 5000 feet view. If we can have somethink like 100 feet view that will be great. Just in case someone has developed it.

      Regards
      Raj

      --- In cmmi_process_improvement@yahoogroups.com, "EDWARD F WELLER III" <edwardfwelleriii@...> wrote:

      > Have you looked at http://lamri.com/resources/20KDemystified.pdf<http://lamri.com/resources/20KDemystified.pdf>
      > Found by using ITIL and CMM-SVC in a web search

    • Boris Mutafelija
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
        Raj,

        ITIL and CMMI-SVC are two very different frameworks - developed using different style and written for a different purpose. Mapping ISO 20000:2005 and CMMI-SVC provides much closer match - and as you said at 100 ft - it enables mapping between the ISO 20000 "shall" statements and CMMI-SVC specific and generic practices. ITIL and ISO 20000 have the same "roots" but they are still very different documents and I do not believe that there is a detailed map between them either.

        There is an effort to develop a mapping between ISO 20000 and CMMI-SVC and when completed it will be made available to the community.

        Best regards,

        Boris

        To: cmmi_process_improvement@yahoogroups.com
        From: rgupta777@...