Software Process Documentation

  • yekhanina
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
      Implementing ISO9001 and CMMI 3 level, we had some problems with the
      documentation system. We had created lots of documents, process
      description, methodic descriptions, etc. But it becomes an extremely
      hard task to keep them all maintained up to date.

      So my question is how to do documentation system more flexible.

      Maybe all the system can be organized in more effective way. Do you
      have any ideas about document storage structure, tools? Or are there
      any principles in documentation control that will help to simplify update
      process?

      I will be glad to get any ideas or links related to this topic.

      Best,
      Anna Yekhanina
    • Ravindra Pathak
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
        Anna,
        You may try to explore�the tool 'Process Director Plus' developed by Select Business Solutions. For details�look at�site http://www.selectbs.com
        With regards,
        Ravindra

        yekhanina wrote:
        � Implementing ISO9001 and CMMI 3 level, we had some problems with the
        documentation system. We had created lots of documents, process
        description, methodic descriptions, etc. But it becomes an extremely
        hard task to keep them all maintained up to date.

        � So my question is how to do documentation system more flexible.

        � Maybe all the system can be organized in more effective way. Do you
        have any ideas about document storage structure, tools? Or are there
        any principles in documentation control that will help to simplify update
        process?

        � I will be glad to get any ideas or links related to this topic.

        � Best,
        Anna Yekhanina

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Lawrence (Larry) S. Maccherone Jr.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
          Take a look at a product called QualTrax (www.qualtrax.com). In my
          business life, we used it to manage our ISO-9000 and software
          development documentation.

          Larry Maccherone
          Carnegie Mellon