19626[CMMi Process Improvement] Gage R&R
- Sep 20, 2013
1.Some CMMI HMLAs would like to check institutionalization of Gage R&R in PAs such as M&A, OPP and QPM etc.
2. The interpretation and meaningful usage of Gage R&R as part of MSA in software development and application support projects appears to be not straight forward and hence challenging. The reason being, every software development object is unique ( not identical as in manufacturing) and the measurements including estimations are
· Mostly based on expert advice and/or manual or through tools and
· Measurements are often derived and not direct as in hardware/manufacturing scenarios.
3. In view of above, may I request you to suggest as to how to study repeatability, reproducibility, accuracy, precision etc. in measures (most of them are ratios like, planned against actuals, defects per KLOC/Fn Points. Etc.) such as
· Effort Variance
· Schedule Variance
· Defect Densities
· Productivity etc.
Note: You may use your own formula for above measures(Org to org, it may vary ) or any other measure
4. Request you to give your suggestions/views on points given in Para 3 above .
Thanks & Regards
Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding
- Next post in topic >>