      Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:31 PM
      Subject: [CMMi Process Improvement] Causal Analysis and Resolution at Organization

      Hello Everybody,

      I have one question related to CAR that needs your help.

      During project execution, if a project objective is not met, a project must perform CAR to address a root cause and come up with an action plan to resolve that root cause.  Doing a CAR at project only satisfies QPM SP2.3.  To satisfy ML5, an organization must perform CAR periodically.  Assuming that I want to perform CAR for defects at organization, do I need to collect all defects from all current projects and analyze them to find out a root cause?  If we do that way, I repeat  unintentially what projects did when they conducted CAR for their projects.  Can I treat root causes of projects as outcomes so I just need to gather all root causes from projects and only analyze common root causes?

      Please advise.

      Best Regards,

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic