CMAP Update to v.6.5.4(b)

  • Kinh H. Ha
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      The uploaded CMAP's new version 6.5.4(b) provides early detection of
      major syntax errors during editing of an "Activated Program".

      Recommended approach for developing application programs

      1) Click "Func"-Tab of the vertical window on the left side. This
      window shows all user-defined functions that CMAP currently
      recognizes.

      2) If you want to modify an existing program, open it and then go to
      step 3.

      To start a new program: First, open a new document and type in:

      main()
      {

      }

      3) Click X-icon to execute the program. The program is
      now "Activated".

      4) From now on, you can add, modify the program to suit.

      If you don't see your user-defined functions listed in the "Func"-
      Tab window, it means that a previous function fails to meet the most
      basic syntax requirement shown below:

      FunctionName()
      {

      }

      where "FunctionName" must be different from any other current names
      (e.g. existing global variables, existing functions and reserved
      words). CMAP allows you 30 seconds to complete the above basic syntax
      before it complains.

      In CMAP v.6.5.4 or later version, the function-list is updated as you
      type. For earlier versions, the list is updated only when you execute
      an expression in Calc.

      K. H.
    • RainbowSally
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
        You're writing 'em faster than I can evaluate 'em, professor!

        "Kinh H. Ha" wrote:

        > The uploaded CMAP's new version 6.5.4(b) provides early detection of
        > major syntax errors during editing of an "Activated Program".

        This list may be obsolete already. But I'd better send it now before you
        get too far ahead of me.
        :-)

        Minor things, to be sure. But think of these as (possible) polish for an
        already outstanding program.

        (By the way, my program was SUCH a failure I'm embarrassed to upload it!
        But I may be able to resurrect it later so I'm keeping what it does (and
        how) a secret for the moment.)

        Here's the 6.3.5.4 evaluation...