144Re: [cmap] ALgorithm for subdividing polygons

  • K. Ha
    Jan 16, 2003

      The ideas in "isoparametric finite element" and "shape functions" for mesh generation may be useful for your problem.

       "Benjamin Orpilla` <benjie_orpilla@...>" <benjie_orpilla@...> wrote:

      Hello all,

      I am looking for an algorithm that can subdivide a polygon.

      I am a geodetic engineer. My idea is that given a polygon, I can
      subdivide this into any number of polygons given some parameters
      (like the polygons should have equal area, etc).

      What do you think is the best strategy to this problem? My objective
      is to automate this problem.

      Thanks!

      Benjie

      Do you Yahoo!?