Looking for Distributed/Grid proof readers/commentors..!

  • Rajkumar Buyya
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 5:04 AM
      Deal All,

      As some of you may be aware that I am currently finishing/writing up my thesis on:

      Economic based Distributed Grid Resource Management and Scheduling
      [for Service-Oriented Computing]

      Latest version is at: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/thesis/

      The thesis major focus is on deadline and budget constrained scheduling on the World-Wide
      Distributed Grids (computers).

      I am expected to submit the thesis by April 12, 2002 (too tight deadline and there
      is no budget (scholarship) available if I delay:-) This seems very similar
      to what I am trying to argue and prove in the thesis. What an interesting
      co-incidence ?

      Need Your Help:
      ==============

      I am looking for volunteers who can quickly browse/read [some/all chapters
      of] thesis and comment on the flow and identify any syntax/semantic
      errors they notice.

      Yes, of course all those who volunteer will get credit: an
      "acknowledgment in the thesis!, which is again a topic of the thesis.

      For your consideration, I have listed a short Table of Contents (TOC)
      along with pointers to 5 major chapters. Other chapters currently under
      composition.

      If you are able to volunteer some cycles of your precious time/brain,
      please let me know asap, possibly with early comments on some chapters.

      I look forward hearing from you in the near future. Please reply
      to me at: rajkumar@...

      Thanks in advance.

      Raj

      Table of Contents + Pointers to Chapters Online
      CHAPTER 1: Introduction
      http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/thesis/introduction.pdf
      CHAPTER 2: Grids and Grid Technologies
      http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/thesis/gridtech.pdf [Under Construction]
      CHAPTER 3: Distributed Computational Economy..
      http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/thesis/grideconomy.pdf
      CHAPTER 4: Nimrod-G and Economic Scheduling Algorithms
      http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/thesis/nimrodg.pdf
      CHAPTER 5: GridSim Tookit
      http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/thesis/gridsim.pdf
      CHAPTER 6: Scheduling Simulation using GridSim
      http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/thesis/simulations.pdf
      CHAPTER 7: Virtual Lab for Drug Design on the Grid
      http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/thesis/vlab.pdf
      CHAPTER 8: Conclusions [2-3 pages]
      http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/thesis/conclusions.pdf [Under Construction]

      ~