Features of a cluster job scheduler / job queuing system

  • Kevin Sinclair
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2003
      Greetings,
      I am looking into different job scheduling / job queuing systems and
      I have a few questions.

      Is there a difference between a job scheduler(JS) and a job queuing
      (JQ) system?

      What is the main objective of a JS or JQ?

      What are features to look for in a JS or JQ - info from personal
      experience would be most helpful....

      Following onto the question above.... is backfill useful?

      Is there a primer to JS or JQ packages?

      Does anyone know of other discussion groups or FAQs that could
      address some of these issues?

      Thanks a bunch.... Kevin