CCGrid 2002: Final call for participation

  • Rajkumar Buyya
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11 4:36 AM
      Dear Colleagues,

      We are pleased to invite you to participate in the upcoming IEEE Computer Society's Task
      Force on Cluster Computing (TFCC) sponsored:

      2nd International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid 2002)

      to be held in Berlin, Germany, May 21-24, 2002.

      The conference program highlights is enclosed for your consideration. For full details on
      the program, please browse the symposium web page: http://ccgrid2002.zib.de

      We appreciate if you can share an enclosed call for participation with your colleagues.

      We are looking forward to welcome and see you in Berlin/Germany!

      Best wishes
      CCGrid 2002 Team

      CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

      * *
      * 2nd IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid 2002) *
      * May 21-24, 2002, Berlin, Germany *
      * *
      * http://ccgrid2002.zib.de | http://www.ccgrid.org/ccgrid2002 *
      * *

      CCGrid 2002 Program Highlights
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      1. Keynote Talks
      ****************
      * Building Distributed Terascale Capabilities: Practical Architecture Challenges,
      Charlie Catlett, ANL and Chair of Global Grid Forum

      * Distributed Computing Technologies and their Application to Drug Discovery
      Andrew Chien, Entropia, Inc. and University of California, San Diego

      * From the Higgs Particle to Technology, from the Web to the Grid
      Hans-Falk Hoffmann, CERN, Switzerland

      * Visualization and VR for the Grid
      Chris Johnson, University of Utah

      * Drug Discovery on Cluster Farms
      Reinhard Schneider, LION bioscience AG, Heidelberg

      2. Tutorials
      ************

      * Jini and the Grid
      Mark Baker, University of Portsmouth; Zoltan Juhasz, University of Veszprem

      * LDAP and the Grid
      Peter Gietz, DAASI International GmbH, Germany

      * Cluster Tools
      Stephen Scott, ORNL, USA

      3. Regular Research Papers (covering following topics)
      * Scheduling
      * Performance Monitoring
      * Applications
      * Programming Environments for Grids
      * I/O and File Systems
      * Grid Technologies and Applications
      * Programming Environments for Clusters

      4. Workshops (contains competitively selected papers/demo presentations)
      * Global and Peer-to-Peer Computing on Large Scale Distributed Systems
      * Distributed Shared Memory on Clusters
      * Invisible Computing
      * Security
      * Agent based Cluster and Grid Computing

      * GridDemo: Live Demonstrations of Grid Technologies and Applications

      5. Special Sessions and BOF
      ***************************
      * A Report from the US NSF Blue Ribbon Panel on Cyber-Infrastructure
      Daniel Atkins, Chair, NSF Blue Ribbon Panel on Cyber-Infrastructure

      * Grids Deployment at the Crossroads - An Update on the EU-Funded Research Efforts
      Kyriakos Baxevanidis, European Commission

      * Global Grid Forum - Progress Made and Plans for the Future
      Charlie Catlett and Mary E. Spada

      6. Industry Forum
      * A series of presentations on latest technical innovations from:
      Fujitsu-Siemens, Megware, Sun Microsystems, T-Systems, Platform, and IBM