Re: [clubpuck] Powdercoating Goals

  • Robinson Aaron
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 22 10:40 AM
      I know a pretty cheap powder coater here in Santa Cruz, can you give me OD's to get quote?
      Aaron

      On Aug 22, 2012, at 10:37 AM, duke21974@... wrote:

      I have a sand blaster and am offering to prep the goals for free...

      Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 22 1:07 PM
        Excellent.  I'll get a quote for powdercoating alone then. Anyone have a friend who powdercoats?

        Sean

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 23 10:07 AM
          Sean,

          I know a great guy right by Airport Costco in South City. Warren could actually do the whole job. I know that they like to coat right after blasting so I'll have him check his schedule to see what works. I need to know the weight of the goals (and gauge of steel if possible). Yes, I did originally have them made but that was over 20yrs ago and that company is gone.

          Joey

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 23 11:56 AM

            Did we keep the old goals from San Jose?

            If so, I can have them welded back into one piece.

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 23 1:25 PM
              I was thinking about that as well.  They may not even need to be welded. Just 4 or 5 L brackets attached with stainless hardware.

              Sean

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 23 1:29 PM

                I’ve got free welding.

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 23 1:40 PM
                  They are piled with the other decorative hockey art in my backyard now.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 23 1:41 PM
                    I'll dig them out and take a look at them.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 23 1:42 PM
                      What are we currently using in Los Gatos?  I think it's a fantastic idea to clean up the Ohlone goals and put them back into service.

                      --T

                      --
                      ------------ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Visit our website at http://sfuwh.org/

                    • Mike Grimm
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 23 1:57 PM
                        If I remember right, weren't they welded aluminum.  What ever happened to the massive amounts of yellow steel barrier Joey had made for the Ohlone walls?

                        mikey

                        On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Scott Semans <scott@...> wrote:

                        I don’t know what the Ohlone goals look like.

                        The San Jose goals are stainless steel. If there is nothing better about the design, the stainless will hold up better.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 23 1:58 PM

                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 23 4:31 PM
                              Terry,

                                    The goals at LGHS are stainless steel borrowed from SF.  They will probably be returned to SR after PCCs unless they need them back sooner.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 23 4:48 PM
                                The Ohlone goals are in my garage.

                                --T

                                Message 15 of 17 , Aug 23 5:23 PM