SF Underwater hockey on the Radio (Tomorrow!!!)

  • Sean Avent
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
      Hey Sea Lions  and Club Puck,

      An 8-time Edward R. Murrow award reporter, Mike Sugerman (http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/personality/mike-sugerman-3/), is going to come out to hockey at King pool tomorrow night to see what UWH is all about and produce a story on it for KCBS. He says he's going to be getting in as well to try it out.  Please come by to get in a sound byte and show him that we can get a good turnout. flavor recommended

      Cheers,

      Sean

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
        This is great.  I got a face/body that were made for the radio.

        An 8-time Edward R. Murrow award reporter, Mike Sugerman (http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/personality/mike-sugerman-3/), is going to come out to hockey at King pool tomorrow night to see what UWH is all about and produce a story on it for KCBS. He says he's going to be getting in as well to try it out.  Please come by to get in a sound byte and show him that we can get a good turnout. flavor recommended

        Cheers,

        Sean

        Did Rec and Park get ahold of you? I’m a radio reporter at KCBS and want to do a news story about your group and about the game. Why isn’t it in the Olympics? I’d also like to try my hand at it for part of the story. I’d like to come out Thursday. OK?
        Mike Sugerman
        KCBS Radio

      • John Pollard
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012

          That is an understatement!

          John Pollard

          The Pollard Group
          1760 Mission Street
          San Francisco, CA 94103
          O 415-692-0612
          F  415-276-4515
          C  415-602-0077

          www.thepollardgroup.net

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
            I'm sure I don't need to remind you, but I will - de emphasize breath holding, time down, etc. Sugarman seems a nice guy - we watch KCBS a lot, and I listen to them on car radio for traffic. He does this 'about the bay' series. Need 50+/maybe 75 now countries at worlds to be eligible for Olympic acknowledgement. We have about 25 countries world wide playing. Next WC in Hungary next late August. All divisions invited next year - 2 pools, 4 playing areas. Good luck!!!

            Carol Rose
            President USOA

            650 583 8492 land line - preferred contact