Re: [clubpuck] Manta stick order update

  • Ben Phipps
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 11 5:20 PM
       I guess they do wear out quick, but my plan is to assemble a giant transforming underwater hockey playing robot, made up of sticks. I shall call him HockeyBot.

      My alternate smart ass answer was something along the lines of Step 1: get lots of sticks. Step 2....Step 3: profit!

      From: "John Wagner" <john.wagner85@...>
      To: <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [clubpuck] Manta stick order update
      Date: Wed, Jul 11, 2012 4:56 pm

      Jeez, guys -- i already got a SINGLE pair of these sticks, and although they're great, I can't figure out why you all need 2 or 3 pairs of them. Do they wear out quickly? Are you giving them as gifts? Using them as paperweights? What's the deal?

      John W

      On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Brigit Grimm <brigitgrimm@...> wrote:

      Hi all,
      For those interested, it appears that the SnorkelBattleExtreme folks are
      at the Trans Tasman competition right now and won't get to our order
      until at least July 23.

      Right now I have these orders (all right-handed):
      Ben- 2pr Manta
      Brigit- 2pr Manta
      Oren- 2pr Manta, 1pr Stingray
      Wendy- 3pr Manta
      Matt Ho- 1pr Manta

      Anyone else want in on this order? Looks like our order qualifies for
      the discount that makes it about $54 per pair. I'm still inquiring
      about whether 10+ pr sticks can get us an even better deal.

      Anyone else want sticks?
      Brigit

      On 7/5/2012 11:15 PM, Brigit Grimm wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > It seems there is good interest in getting a group order in for Manta
      > sticks, which we would order from SnorkelBattleExtreme.com. The link
      > is http://underwaterhockey.biz/products/manta-uwh-sticks/ if you want
      > to check out more details.
      >
      > I just sent them an email to be sure they are around to take and ship
      > the order soon, so while I'm gathering your order, I should hear back
      > from them if they're around.
      >
      > If you are interested in a pair (or more), let me know exactly what
      > you are interested in (even other products from them), and be sure to
      > note the cost to you. Yes, there is a range, but I'm sure we'll be
      > able to purchase at least 5 pair. Along with my query to see if their
      > home, I've asked if there are more breaks on the cost if we have an
      > even bigger order!!
      >
      > Even if you told me tonight that you're interested, reply to this
      > email so I have a confirmation of exactly what you want.
      >
      > I want to get this order in by Monday, so decide soon!
      > Brigit

    • Ben Phipps
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 11 5:22 PM
        Yeah, but Scott lives so far away that we only see him once or twice a year at the pool.

        Jeez, guys -- i already got a SINGLE pair of these sticks, and although they're great, I can't figure out why you all need 2 or 3 pairs of them. Do they wear out quickly? Are you giving them as gifts? Using them as paperweights? What's the deal?

        John W

        On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Brigit Grimm <brigitgrimm@...> wrote:

        Hi all,
        For those interested, it appears that the SnorkelBattleExtreme folks are
        at the Trans Tasman competition right now and won't get to our order
        until at least July 23.

        Right now I have these orders (all right-handed):
        Ben- 2pr Manta
        Brigit- 2pr Manta
        Oren- 2pr Manta, 1pr Stingray
        Wendy- 3pr Manta
        Matt Ho- 1pr Manta

        Anyone else want in on this order? Looks like our order qualifies for
        the discount that makes it about $54 per pair. I'm still inquiring
        about whether 10+ pr sticks can get us an even better deal.

        Anyone else want sticks?
        Brigit

        On 7/5/2012 11:15 PM, Brigit Grimm wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > It seems there is good interest in getting a group order in for Manta
        > sticks, which we would order from SnorkelBattleExtreme.com. The link
        > is http://underwaterhockey.biz/products/manta-uwh-sticks/ if you want
        > to check out more details.
        >
        > I just sent them an email to be sure they are around to take and ship
        > the order soon, so while I'm gathering your order, I should hear back
        > from them if they're around.
        >
        > If you are interested in a pair (or more), let me know exactly what
        > you are interested in (even other products from them), and be sure to
        > note the cost to you. Yes, there is a range, but I'm sure we'll be
        > able to purchase at least 5 pair. Along with my query to see if their
        > home, I've asked if there are more breaks on the cost if we have an
        > even bigger order!!
        >
        > Even if you told me tonight that you're interested, reply to this
        > email so I have a confirmation of exactly what you want.
        >
        > I want to get this order in by Monday, so decide soon!
        > Brigit

      • Brigit Grimm
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 11 5:23 PM
          I haven't used them for long, but it looks like the rough bottom wears them down.  Who knows if Rhett is harder on his sticks than others. ;)

          On 7/11/2012 5:11 PM, duke21974@... wrote:

          They wear out...quite quick

          Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

          Jeez, guys -- i already got a SINGLE pair of these sticks, and although they're great, I can't figure out why you all need 2 or 3 pairs of them. Do they wear out quickly? Are you giving them as gifts? Using them as paperweights? What's the deal?

          John W

          On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Brigit Grimm <brigitgrimm@...> wrote:

          Hi all,
          For those interested, it appears that the SnorkelBattleExtreme folks are
          at the Trans Tasman competition right now and won't get to our order
          until at least July 23.

          Right now I have these orders (all right-handed):
          Ben- 2pr Manta
          Brigit- 2pr Manta
          Oren- 2pr Manta, 1pr Stingray
          Wendy- 3pr Manta
          Matt Ho- 1pr Manta

          Anyone else want in on this order? Looks like our order qualifies for
          the discount that makes it about $54 per pair. I'm still inquiring
          about whether 10+ pr sticks can get us an even better deal.

          Anyone else want sticks?
          Brigit

          On 7/5/2012 11:15 PM, Brigit Grimm wrote:
          > Hi all,
          > It seems there is good interest in getting a group order in for Manta
          > sticks, which we would order from SnorkelBattleExtreme.com. The link
          > is http://underwaterhockey.biz/products/manta-uwh-sticks/ if you want
          > to check out more details.
          >
          > I just sent them an email to be sure they are around to take and ship
          > the order soon, so while I'm gathering your order, I should hear back
          > from them if they're around.
          >
          > If you are interested in a pair (or more), let me know exactly what
          > you are interested in (even other products from them), and be sure to
          > note the cost to you. Yes, there is a range, but I'm sure we'll be
          > able to purchase at least 5 pair. Along with my query to see if their
          > home, I've asked if there are more breaks on the cost if we have an
          > even bigger order!!
          >
          > Even if you told me tonight that you're interested, reply to this
          > email so I have a confirmation of exactly what you want.
          >
          > I want to get this order in by Monday, so decide soon!
          > Brigit

        • Brigit Grimm
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 11 5:25 PM
            Ben, I think the water is turning your brain to hockey mush!! Welcome!

          • duke21974@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 11 7:32 PM
              Sorry....I'm hard on my stick....

              Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

              Jeez, guys -- i already got a SINGLE pair of these sticks, and although they're great, I can't figure out why you all need 2 or 3 pairs of them. Do they wear out quickly? Are you giving them as gifts? Using them as paperweights? What's the deal?

              John W

              On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Brigit Grimm <brigitgrimm@...> wrote:

              Hi all,
              For those interested, it appears that the SnorkelBattleExtreme folks are
              at the Trans Tasman competition right now and won't get to our order
              until at least July 23.

              Right now I have these orders (all right-handed):
              Ben- 2pr Manta
              Brigit- 2pr Manta
              Oren- 2pr Manta, 1pr Stingray
              Wendy- 3pr Manta
              Matt Ho- 1pr Manta

              Anyone else want in on this order? Looks like our order qualifies for
              the discount that makes it about $54 per pair. I'm still inquiring
              about whether 10+ pr sticks can get us an even better deal.

              Anyone else want sticks?
              Brigit

              On 7/5/2012 11:15 PM, Brigit Grimm wrote:
              > Hi all,
              > It seems there is good interest in getting a group order in for Manta
              > sticks, which we would order from SnorkelBattleExtreme.com. The link
              > is http://underwaterhockey.biz/products/manta-uwh-sticks/ if you want
              > to check out more details.
              >
              > I just sent them an email to be sure they are around to take and ship
              > the order soon, so while I'm gathering your order, I should hear back
              > from them if they're around.
              >
              > If you are interested in a pair (or more), let me know exactly what
              > you are interested in (even other products from them), and be sure to
              > note the cost to you. Yes, there is a range, but I'm sure we'll be
              > able to purchase at least 5 pair. Along with my query to see if their
              > home, I've asked if there are more breaks on the cost if we have an
              > even bigger order!!
              >
              > Even if you told me tonight that you're interested, reply to this
              > email so I have a confirmation of exactly what you want.
              >
              > I want to get this order in by Monday, so decide soon!
              > Brigit

            • Robinson Aaron
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 11 8:17 PM
                I've been using them for a few years now and they tend to break after about a year.  I know others that used the stingray's have said the same thing.  the Manta's might be better since they're a little thicker at the point where they break...but i only been using them a short while.

                They make great tree ornaments around the holidays too.

                On Jul 11, 2012, at 7:32 PM, duke21974@... wrote:

                Sorry....I'm hard on my stick....

                Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                Jeez, guys -- i already got a SINGLE pair of these sticks, and although they're great, I can't figure out why you all need 2 or 3 pairs of them. Do they wear out quickly? Are you giving them as gifts? Using them as paperweights? What's the deal?

                John W

                On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Brigit Grimm <brigitgrimm@...> wrote:

                Hi all,
                For those interested, it appears that the SnorkelBattleExtreme folks are
                at the Trans Tasman competition right now and won't get to our order
                until at least July 23.

                Right now I have these orders (all right-handed):
                Ben- 2pr Manta
                Brigit- 2pr Manta
                Oren- 2pr Manta, 1pr Stingray
                Wendy- 3pr Manta
                Matt Ho- 1pr Manta

                Anyone else want in on this order? Looks like our order qualifies for
                the discount that makes it about $54 per pair. I'm still inquiring
                about whether 10+ pr sticks can get us an even better deal.

                Anyone else want sticks?
                Brigit

                On 7/5/2012 11:15 PM, Brigit Grimm wrote:
                > Hi all,
                > It seems there is good interest in getting a group order in for Manta
                > sticks, which we would order from SnorkelBattleExtreme.com. The link
                > is http://underwaterhockey.biz/products/manta-uwh-sticks/ if you want
                > to check out more details.
                >
                > I just sent them an email to be sure they are around to take and ship
                > the order soon, so while I'm gathering your order, I should hear back
                > from them if they're around.
                >
                > If you are interested in a pair (or more), let me know exactly what
                > you are interested in (even other products from them), and be sure to
                > note the cost to you. Yes, there is a range, but I'm sure we'll be
                > able to purchase at least 5 pair. Along with my query to see if their
                > home, I've asked if there are more breaks on the cost if we have an
                > even bigger order!!
                >
                > Even if you told me tonight that you're interested, reply to this
                > email so I have a confirmation of exactly what you want.
                >
                > I want to get this order in by Monday, so decide soon!
                > Brigit

              • ricky ho
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 12 10:52 PM
                  Hi
                  May I have 1 pair are right-handed (Manta)
                  and 1 pair are left-handed (Manta).
                  Thanks
                  Ricky

                  For those interested, it appears that the SnorkelBattleExtreme folks are
                  at the Trans Tasman competition right now and won't get to our order
                  until at least July 23.

                  Right now I have these orders (all right-handed):
                  Ben- 2pr Manta
                  Brigit- 2pr Manta
                  Oren- 2pr Manta, 1pr Stingray
                  Wendy- 3pr Manta
                  Matt Ho- 1pr Manta

                  Anyone else want in on this order? Looks like our order qualifies for
                  the discount that makes it about $54 per pair. I'm still inquiring
                  about whether 10+ pr sticks can get us an even better deal.

                  Anyone else want sticks?
                  Brigit

                  On 7/5/2012 11:15 PM, Brigit Grimm wrote:
                  > Hi all,
                  > It seems there is good interest in getting a group order in for Manta
                  > sticks, which we would order from SnorkelBattleExtreme.com. The link
                  > is http://underwaterhockey.biz/products/manta-uwh-sticks/ if you want
                  > to check out more details.
                  >
                  > I just sent them an email to be sure they are around to take and ship
                  > the order soon, so while I'm gathering your order, I should hear back
                  > from them if they're around.
                  >
                  > If you are interested in a pair (or more), let me know exactly what
                  > you are interested in (even other products from them), and be sure to
                  > note the cost to you. Yes, there is a range, but I'm sure we'll be
                  > able to purchase at least 5 pair. Along with my query to see if their
                  > home, I've asked if there are more breaks on the cost if we have an
                  > even bigger order!!
                  >
                  > Even if you told me tonight that you're interested, reply to this
                  > email so I have a confirmation of exactly what you want.
                  >
                  > I want to get this order in by Monday, so decide soon!
                  > Brigit

                • Brigit Grimm

                    For those interested, it appears that the SnorkelBattleExtreme folks are
                    at the Trans Tasman competition right now and won't get to our order
                    until at least July 23.

                    Right now I have these orders (all right-handed):
                    Ben- 2pr Manta
                    Brigit- 2pr Manta
                    Oren- 2pr Manta, 1pr Stingray
                    Wendy- 3pr Manta
                    Matt Ho- 1pr Manta

                    Anyone else want in on this order? Looks like our order qualifies for
                    the discount that makes it about $54 per pair. I'm still inquiring
                    about whether 10+ pr sticks can get us an even better deal.

                    Anyone else want sticks?
                    Brigit

                    On 7/5/2012 11:15 PM, Brigit Grimm wrote:
                    > Hi all,
                    > It seems there is good interest in getting a group order in for Manta
                    > sticks, which we would order from SnorkelBattleExtreme.com. The link
                    > is http://underwaterhockey.biz/products/manta-uwh-sticks/ if you want
                    > to check out more details.
                    >
                    > I just sent them an email to be sure they are around to take and ship
                    > the order soon, so while I'm gathering your order, I should hear back
                    > from them if they're around.
                    >
                    > If you are interested in a pair (or more), let me know exactly what
                    > you are interested in (even other products from them), and be sure to
                    > note the cost to you. Yes, there is a range, but I'm sure we'll be
                    > able to purchase at least 5 pair. Along with my query to see if their
                    > home, I've asked if there are more breaks on the cost if we have an
                    > even bigger order!!
                    >
                    > Even if you told me tonight that you're interested, reply to this
                    > email so I have a confirmation of exactly what you want.
                    >
                    > I want to get this order in by Monday, so decide soon!
                    > Brigit

                  • Kristof Hovaten