Re: [clubpuck] Sunday wrap

    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 12, 2012
      Well, you see Brigit... It started with a wayward Stork.

      Sent directly from my brain

      On Mar 12, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Brigit <hockeybrigit@...> wrote:

      Let's see, I think there's more sun coming (give it a couple of months) and I believe the Goze's house is nearby--sounds like a perfect place for a BBQ!!

      Martin!!!  Ten days???? OMG, I totally lost track of time, how did this happen?  Definitely give a holler if you need a hand with something, really, okay?
      Brigit

      On 3/12/2012 8:27 AM, Rich Gray wrote:

      What can one say about this Sunday's hockey at LGHS?

      10 on 10 - a faster puck than our first games there - two almost perfectly matched teams (final score 5 to 3, I think)

      In a word it was great.

      The only thing we need beyond that is more sun and a BBQ afterwards .........

      .......... The secret hockey governing council is working on both of those issues now.

      News:

            Martin is quite pregnant now, due in 10 days.

            The ne'er to be seen Mike Smith is also pregnant, due in more than 10 days.

            Congratulations and best wishes to both of them!!!!!!!!!!

            (Oooops, was any of that supposed to be secret???)

      In spite of Rhett's subtle, yet effective, powers of persuasion, we will need to try out more pucks using plastic sliders.   The UWH gear troll is working on some more options for us to try now.  We will try them out soon.

      That's How Goze Goes,

      Goze

    • Rich Gray
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 2, 2014
        25 players today!  2 games.  Thanks to alert hockey player, David Q's suggestion, we re-picked teams after the first few points and split into A/B/C/D squads, then we had an AB, CD game at first, followed by the AC, BD game.  It took the Gozerian a  while to remember how it was done but it all came back and provided challenging games for players of all abilities.

        You could not argue with the weather, nor the price.  Some folks are taking advantage of the carpool pricing, but remember, you have to tell me you are a carpool!  The Gozerian does not chase you around and find if you carpooled or not!

        Quite a lot of dicking around on the pool deck but as soon as we had a few black sticks on one side and a few white sticks on the other we just started.  The prima donas can stay on deck and chat if they want, nagging is rarely successful.  If you want to play then help pick teams....... then just start!  That's all there is to it.  A bunch of people had this same idea today and we just did it.

        Two new players today: Kyle and Meredith.  Both of them are expert competitive swimmers already so it did not take long for them to get into it.  Also notable attendees were: Weston from LA (up to help Goze with the "PVC debacle"), two flavors of Grimm, blast from the past Duy, Karl was "a playah" today (remind me to tip his bro for the bartender tip, they escaped early), Andre showed up for the last 30 minutes (channeling Mon Oncle T I suppose).

        Let's do it again.

        That's How Goze goes,