San Jose hockey update

  • Wendy Okafuji
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2011

      Wanted to update everyone on the situation at the Gunderson High pool.

      San Jose Aquatics (who contracts with the school district to run the pool) has a Board meeting scheduled on Tues, Jan 10 and one of the topics for discussion is the state of the pool bottom. At this time they will assess whether we can continue to play UWH there.

      As of now Sunday hockey is cancelled until we hear back from SJA.  If they come back and say we cannot use the pool for UWH, we can possibly propose installing the PVC bottom.  We may also still have the option to play in the deep pool, but we can open that up for discussion if and when the time comes.

      Let’s hope for the best!!

      --Wendy

    • PETER TAYLOR
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2011
        Greetings,

        Will there be hockey in S.F. tonite?  What's the count?

        PETER TAYLOR
        OAKLAND, CA

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2011

          Yes, confirmed.