For Rich, Doug and Lyndon's eyes only

  • PETER TAYLOR
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2011
      This is what I was trying to tell you guys last night.

      SUPER SALESMAN

      A young guy from Wisconsin moves to Florida and goes to a big
      everything-under-one-roof department store looking for a job.

      The Manager says, 'Do you have any sales experience?' The kid says 'Yeah. I
      was a salesman back in Wisconsin . '

      Well, the boss liked the kid and gave him the job. 'You start tomorrow.
      I'll come down after we close and see how you did.'

      His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store
      was locked up, the boss came down. 'How many customers bought something
      from you today?'

      The kid says, 'One.'

      The boss says, 'Just one? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a
      day. How much was the sale for?'

      The kid says, '$101,237.65.'

      The boss says, '$101,237.65? What the heck did you sell?'

      The kid says, 'First, I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a
      medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new
      fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing, and he said down
      the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to
      the boat department, and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. When he said
      he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, I took him down to the
      automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition.'

      The boss said 'A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a
      BOAT and a TRUCK?'

      The kid said 'No, the guy came in here to buy Tampons for his wife, and I
      said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.'

      PETER TAYLOR
      OAKLAND, CA

    • Mary Jo Ferris

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2011