Thursday wrap

  • Rich Gray
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2011
      Last night in our series of pre-hockey game lectures we were joined by our own Sam Sankar, in town for just one appearance.

      Sam opened up the evening with his most recent experiences working on the Beltway with,

      "Hey EPA......Bald Eage - Golden Eagle.....what the fuck?"

      Duke warmed up for Sam last night with an old favorite,

      "A treatise on the hazards of Gastrointestinal Distress and Oral Sex."

      (Even without a sound system Rhett made sure everyone in the Day Care Center at Highland was able to enjoy the show too.)

      There was some hockey too but I forget what happened......

      Wait!  Now I remember.  9 people.  5 on 4.  It turns out that having the extra player actually DOES help.  As a panting Sam Sankar noted on the wall, "It seems that physical fitness is still an important aspect of this @#($*^$%*(&^#@@@&*^in' game."

      Jen, Mike (the guy who drives Jen around, not the guy who drives Brigit around), Goze, Ben and Sam  were smokin' hot when they played all 5.  When they experimented with substitution then Rhett, Miles, Doug T and John W soaked up all the hotness to their side of the pool.  Rhett hid the puck in his suit for an incursion into enemy territory.  It worked despite the normal amount of surveillance that Rhett's suit usually incurs.

      There were cookies afterwards during the innaugural meeting of, "How do we make Sam move back to CA?" club.

      Greg "I always show up at Highland" Appling, was not among the attendees.  No Greg, you don't get to go on vacation, you don't get to have a career, you don't get to take care of your family!  You do what you were born to do, you do what the creator intended you to do: you eat, sleep, dream, and play hockey....................................... what were you thinking?

      And THAT's how Goze goes,

      Goze
    • Bob Burres
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2012
        Another fine night of late summer hockey in Los Gatos. We had a great group split into two evenly matched teams. I got my money's worth tonight. The group fortunate enough to spend the evening playing hockey were:

        Rhett
        Yo
        Bob
        Duy
        Wendy

        David
        Oren
        Ken
        Andy h
        Andrei
        Carlos

        Thanks,

        Bob Burres
      • Rich Gray
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2012
          You just can't rely on the Duke anymore.

          There we were, all lined up in his driveway with our cash in hand................... he's up playing in SF.  I guess he heard that the turnout has been better up there (3 on 3 as last reported) and they have fog too.  We couldn't wait all night so all 13 of us (yes THIRTEEN) trudged off to LGHS for some hockey.

          The hockey was not without drama, but it was pretty fun.

          We had a new player tonight............ a Greg Appleby or something with an Apple in it.  He was pretty good for a newbie.

          And That's How Goze goes,