Re: [clubpuck] The official Thursday wrap up

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2011
      Greg, you're getting good at this!  Goze, you have competition! ;)
      Brigit

      On 9/30/2011 11:26 AM, Gregory Appling wrote:

      Sadly there will be no more time travel. On Friday while turning things back to Wednesday so that Scott could miss Thursday and David could attend Thursday, several gentleman in blue suits dropped by the house to discuss time travel. I wanted to argue the finer points of why I’d love to have government funding (they kept claiming they weren’t the government) and they started quoting the Patriot Act. Now as many of you may or may not know, there are only about 3 people in American that know what is actually in the Patriot Act and I’m not one of them. Long story short I’ve been asked to turn over all documents and equipment. It was at this point that Aliera asked me “What” and I noticed it was just her and I in the room. Go figure.

      Anyway practice was the gift that kept on giving. No practice is complete until you’ve picked teams 2 or 3 times only to say “okay everyone forget that, I’ll start over”. First we had 11 then we had 12 when Miles showed up. Then he left, came back, left again and decided to play. So, right as we got ready to go someone said “here comes someone with a roller bag”. No it wasn’t Kendall it was Rhett (must be something about that house and roller bags). Anyway we reorganized the teams again and 13 seemed like a good number so we played.

      We had a first timer at Highland in Peter. No not Pete, Peter (who we’ll call Texas Peter so as not to confuse him with cowboy Peter). No practice is complete without a Ben breakaway with 3 guys on him, Lyndon and Rhett holding hands, or seeing Jen run over three guys on her way to score.

      Side note: We really need to find the middle of the pool or buy Rhett some new fins. It was highly amusing watching Bob beat him on the strikes. Ben doing it is normal but Bob doing it was down right hysterical. We’ve also proven that swimming uphill at Highland is faster then swimming down hill.

      Players in attendance

      Lyndon, Miles, Oren, Brigit, Bob, Texas Peter, Ben, Mike, Jen, Martin, Rhett, Doug T, Gregory

      Gregory Appling
      cell: 415-637-0784