Re: [clubpuck] webpage update

  • Sean Avent
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 10, 2011
      How about:

      "The fall clubpuck UWH season for 2011 will begin in October with a pool to be determined."   Why can't UWH have a season like most other sports?  In fact the French have an UWH season where you can't find a game.

      Sean

      On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Rich Gray <rgray35711@...> wrote:

      Hi,

           Please see if the recent changes address your concerns..... and Carol's too.

      Goze

      PS About the loss of the pool you can say that the school needed us and our gear out prior to a major facility renovation.  Anybody got something better than that?

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 10, 2011
          Why do we need to even say the pool has been lost. S of now, as far as I've heard it's down for temporary maintenance?  Right? But if you need another reason:

          1) Scheduling conflicts
          2) Better Pool somewhere else
          3) More Central Location
          4) Working on a new contract with another pool

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 10, 2011
            I'm with Sean-- why do we even need to mention the loss of the pool?  We should just say "The fall Club Puck UWH season for 2011 will begin in October".  If an interview comes up, and they say "where do you play?" or want to attend the practice, we just say "we're off for the summer, but the fall Club Puck season ...".  Nothing wrong with taking the summer off.  And if they want to watch "right now", we can have them come to an SF practice; the City Hockey folks will be happy to have them.

            And make sure Carolyn is aware of the media interest (I'm sure she's reading this thread).  She's building her "marketing portfolio", and both the contacts and content will be good for her to keep.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 10, 2011
              I concur.  I'll make it more ambiguous.  No need to go into our history.

              Ok, with you Brigit?

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 10, 2011
                Sure, sounds like a good plan for now.
                Brigit

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 11, 2011
                  Made the changes.

                  Removed the map of SJSC.

                  Let me know if more problems.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 9, 2011
                    Hi Clubpuckers! We will organize a league at King pool, just like last
                    year's. We expect it to be as much fun. The general idea is to have two
                    games a night every Monday or every Thursdays for several weeks in a row,
                    probably doing a double round robin and playoffs. And ending with a party
                    of course!

                    We will form the teams as soon as everybody signs up, please enter your
                    name and dates of preference in the link below. More info below.

                    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDI3R0xKbmhMSTBjc3k0NzNJbmxKenc6MQ

                    Cheers,

                    Gus

                    It's time for another fun filled, action packed, San Francisco Underwater
                    hockey league. The league will take place over 4-6 weeks, depending on
                    participation. Based on experience we can already say that it will
                    probably be a league of 4 teams, 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 format with with 1-2
                    subs/team, with referees and adherence to international rules. If the
                    league is on Monday nights then the first game will take place at 7:30 pm
                    second game at 8:00 pm with a scrimmage afterward. Thursday nights first
                    game would be at 8:40 pm and second 9:20 pm. Its a great chance play some
                    quality hockey and streach those competition muscles. Please do not fill
                    it out unless you plan on participating at some level (referee, substitute
                    only, or regular player). Please let us know by AUGUST 10th at 6pm.

                    I've invited you to fill out the form SF Fall 2011 Underwater Hockey
                    League Signup. To fill it out, visit:
                    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDI3R0xKbmhMSTBjc3k0NzNJbmxKenc6MQ