Re: [clubpuck] Update on UWH Pool Search + Potential practice on Tues (7/12) or Thur (7/14) at 8pm

  • Rich Gray
    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 30, 2011

      Wendy,  not sure I responded but I plan on going to the practice.

        There are two sets of PVC goals at King, though one may need some TLC (tape or glue). Check them out at practice on Thur.

        On Jun 23, 2011 9:16 PM, "Terry Sutton" <terrysutton@...> wrote:
        > I have no PVC goals, but I have the original Ohlone goals if we ever need them.
        >
        > --T
        > BTW, I think we should have a pair of pvc goals for now. Easy to transport to various pools. Once we are settled, we can worry about getting goals that fit the pool. Anyone have some pvc goals? SF, any collecting dust that we could borrow?
        > Thanks,
        > Brigit
        >
        > On 6/23/2011 5:04 PM, Brigit wrote:
        >
        > Yes!! Well done, Wendy! Count me in. I agree with Sean, let's bring a sampling of pucks. Can someone bring the brass one Sean is offering? It looks like I've got all the rest of the pucks from SJSU, including some lead w/teflon. I'll bring what I can carry :]
        >
        > Maybe also bring a couple different kinds of sticks. I usually use my plastic sticks at SJSU, but my wood ones work better on other bottoms.
        >
        > Let's be sure not to waste any precious time in the pool so don't be late!
        > Brigit
        >
        > On 6/23/2011 1:29 PM, Wendy Okafuji wrote:
        >

        > Hi all -
        >

        > Good news! We are ON to give the Gunderson High pool a trial on Tuesday, July 12 from 8:00-10:00 p.m.
        >

        > Pool: Gunderson High School, 622 Gaundabert Lane, San Jose (near Hwys 85 & 87). The pool is out back - plenty of parking in the lot near the pool. This is beautiful pool facility – 50 meter x 25 yd with most of the pool at 7.5 ft depth. As far as the bottom… well, it's not what we're used to so we’ll just have to see how it works out.
        >

        > Body count: Please respond back whether you can make that trial date – we want to make sure we have enough people to give it a good test run.
        >

        > Pucks: Who ended up with the pucks? We’ll need to bring a sampling to try.
        >

        > Goals: Any ideas? Should we just put together a couple of PVC ones? I’m happy to pick up the stuff if someone will tell me what to get!!
        >

        > Note: We need to be out the pool no later than 10:15.
        >

        > Look forward to seeing everyone back on the bottom again!
        >
        > --Wendy

      • Renaud Waldura
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 1, 2011
          I'll come and bring the PVC goals from SF.
          I'll bring a brass puck too.
          --R

          There are two sets of PVC goals at King, though one may need some TLC (tape or glue). Check them out at practice on Thur.

          On Jun 23, 2011 9:16 PM, "Terry Sutton" <terrysutton@...> wrote:
          > I have no PVC goals, but I have the original Ohlone goals if we ever need them.
          >
          > --T
          > BTW, I think we should have a pair of pvc goals for now. Easy to transport to various pools. Once we are settled, we can worry about getting goals that fit the pool. Anyone have some pvc goals? SF, any collecting dust that we could borrow?
          > Thanks,
          > Brigit
          >
          > On 6/23/2011 5:04 PM, Brigit wrote:
          >
          > Yes!! Well done, Wendy! Count me in. I agree with Sean, let's bring a sampling of pucks. Can someone bring the brass one Sean is offering? It looks like I've got all the rest of the pucks from SJSU, including some lead w/teflon. I'll bring what I can carry :]
          >
          > Maybe also bring a couple different kinds of sticks. I usually use my plastic sticks at SJSU, but my wood ones work better on other bottoms.
          >
          > Let's be sure not to waste any precious time in the pool so don't be late!
          > Brigit
          >
          > On 6/23/2011 1:29 PM, Wendy Okafuji wrote:
          >

          > Hi all -
          >

          > Good news! We are ON to give the Gunderson High pool a trial on Tuesday, July 12 from 8:00-10:00 p.m.
          >

          > Pool: Gunderson High School, 622 Gaundabert Lane, San Jose (near Hwys 85 & 87). The pool is out back - plenty of parking in the lot near the pool. This is beautiful pool facility – 50 meter x 25 yd with most of the pool at 7.5 ft depth. As far as the bottom… well, it's not what we're used to so we’ll just have to see how it works out.
          >

          > Body count: Please respond back whether you can make that trial date – we want to make sure we have enough people to give it a good test run.
          >

          > Pucks: Who ended up with the pucks? We’ll need to bring a sampling to try.
          >

          > Goals: Any ideas? Should we just put together a couple of PVC ones? I’m happy to pick up the stuff if someone will tell me what to get!!
          >

          > Note: We need to be out the pool no later than 10:15.
          >

          > Look forward to seeing everyone back on the bottom again!
          >
          > --Wendy

        • Wendy Okafuji
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 6, 2011

            Reminder that we're set to play on Tuesday, July 12 from 8-10pm.  I've heard from at least a dozen people so we definitely have critical mass.  And Carolyn said some folks from SF may come down as well.

            Also wanted to let everyone know that the pool director (Janet) said she and a few others may stay a bit to watch the play so everyone be on your best behavior!!  :-)

            Renaud offered to bring the PVC goals & a loaner brass puck from SF and Brigit will bring some nice, non-threatening coated pucks to show Janet (thanks guys!).  Who ended up with the official Hockey Collection Box?  I assume we'll be collecting fees as usual.

            btw the pool looks like it is near hwys 85 & 87 but to get there you have to take a rather circuitous route through residential streets so be sure to allow for extra time.

            Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

            --Wendy

            To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com

          • Josh Nickel
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 7, 2011
              Oren
              A colleague brought to my attention a new pool in Cupertino near de anza and highway 85. I didnt see it on the list....Here's the website

              I think they also go by Saratoga Aquatics. I tried with no luck to reach them to get more info like depth and bottom surface, it looks from the website like tile lanes in gunite or a similar surface.

              If I make it there in the next week I'll let you know how it is.
              Josh

              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 12, 2011
                I'm looking forward to seeing you all tonight!!  It's been too long!
                Brigit

                To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com